The Clone Army is on the march

The Clone Army on May 4 - May the Fourth Be With Them
They have been soil for two weeks under insufficient light levels.

As you can plainly see, there are a few of them that are quite puny but, all in all, a successful first cloning effort. I have decided to keep most of them and comparing the yield from a few large plants and many smaller plants.

@dbrn32 @raustin @elheffe702 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Momtomask @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Donaldj @ReMolu @neckNflu

11 Likes

A few more tags…
@Niala @livefast @SilentHippie @Greasemonkey @timmyv324 @Viktor7 @Rugar89 @BIGE @garrigan62

2 Likes

Awesome! My experience with altering plant count is that yields lean a little toward higher plant count. Based on running a 3x3 scrog vs 9 the pants in 3 gallon pots in same space. It’s entirely possible that I had errors in one method vs the other though. My conclusion was in line with a full canopy is a full canopy regardless of how you get there. More plants just have a little more energy available as opposed to one plant taking up same amount of space. So definitely will be following this to see if your results are similar.

1 Like

My five plants in the main room are in 10 gallon pots, I will put the Clone Army in a combination of 2 and 3 gallon pots with some of them staying in the one gallon pots for space reasons. I have about 6’ X 8’ to work with.

Have not decided on criteria for who gets what size pot.

I sure appreciate your thoughts on this @dbrn32, I try to leverage all of the experience of all of you seasoned growers.

It is worth noting that I have four “Monster Crop” clones that have been in rooting plugs for 5 days in addition to the Clone Army. My main room will be a very busy place when the current/first grow completes flowering.

4 Likes

@merlin44 I would give the monster clones the most space, as you’ll be pleasantly surprised when those take off.
Some of your clones might be runts, but after they become established they’ll catch a up little. Either way, it’ll produce something. They all look great.

2 Likes

Thanks @Covertgrower, I will give the four Monsters 3-gal. Can’t decide whether to favor the best producers or the smaller clones. More space might help the smaller ones but may be wasted as well.

I have 6 3-gallon pots, 6 2-gallon pots and many 1-gallon pots. There are 28 viable clones if the monster crop clones take root. Four of the 6 3-gallon will be for the Monsters.

Any thoughts on criteria?

1 Like

Best producers, and then the best looking clones. Totally up to you @merlin44

1 Like

That certainly seems reasonable @Covertgrower. Thank you.

By the way, the monsters were taken from the best producers (projected by bud growth) plus there are 4 additional clones of each.

2 Likes

Those ones sound like the rockstars you want! @merlin44
I’m not sure where you are budget wise, and just as a suggestion, for one of your grows when you figure out your space allotment, you should upgrade to 5-7 gallon pots. It’ll allow more room for roots, and give you a better yield.

1 Like

My main grow is in 10-gallon pots. Using the smaller pots for the clone army is an experiment to compare yields from a few large plants to that of many smaller plants in the same area.

3 Likes

I recall that now. Carry on. @merlin44

2 Likes

I’m curious to see your results @merlin44. I’m considering doing multiple, smaller, shorter plants to give myself more height to work with.

2 Likes

The clone army is marching on…but not very fast. Two of the Monster Crop clones are in 3 gallon pots now, the others to follow as soon as I purchase more soil.

The clone army is mostly root bound at this point (1 gallon pots). The main room is still flowering and will be for at least three more weeks (perhaps a bit longer) and propagation room is just too small. Also, not enough light so they are stretching as well.

Not concerned because the clones are an unplanned bonus for my first grow. I will just move them to the main room when it is available and see what happens.

@dbrn32 @raustin @elheffe702 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Momtomask @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Donaldj @ReMolu @neckNflu

5 Likes

Sounds like you have solid plan.

1 Like

Bonus weed @merlin44

2 Likes

Yah, bonus weed! I’ll likely have as much or more bonus weed as I will have planned weed.

Thanks for coming by @dbrn32 and @Covertgrower. Always nice to have visitors.

4 Likes

No worries @merlin44 I visit often, but I’m always out of the likes things. Thanks for posting informative pictures and things.

1 Like

Mostly I am a bit “anal retentive” about things and think everyone else is as interested in details as I am. My wife assures me that nobody is as interested in detail as I am.:laughing:

3 Likes

I disagree! @merlin44

1 Like

Here here! I like details. I’m just not very good at keeping track of them.

1 Like