The cheesy bubble bucket. Im trying something new

@GreenJewels one of the biggest difference you will see from soil to hydro besides growth rate is soil will give a more dence bud but slower growth and hydro buds are alittle fluffy when dried properly also soil in my opinion has a harsher taste then hydro do to even with a flush soil still has some nuits in it where hydro when u flush it is plain ph water and you will get all the nuits out but that’s is the biggest difference I have seen I was a dirt grower for years lol

3 Likes

Good morning all :v::green_heart:
Looks like she’s growing. I’m waiting to see some roots coming out of the net pot yet. Water temp 63.5 pH is 5.8. well water distilled mix EC .15 Under the dome RH 70% temp 68.3

5 Likes

You need to cover your rockwool COMPLETELY with hydroton to keep it from being exposed to the light. Otherwise, looking good.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that, thanks for keeping an eye on my girl :v: @Grandaddy013

3 Likes

Glad to see she’s doing well GJ, I was wondering about her.
Funky new medium, will be interested to see how she smokes based on what BidDaddyCain mentioned.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes it will be interesting to see how she smokes. Less harsh sounds great. Probably helps the flavor of the strains stand out better. I’m anxious to smoke a cheese for the first time too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah I bet, thats half the fun, checking out new varieties. Well you and some of the other threads certainly have me looking at the Blueberry strain, seems like a real nice smoke. Look forward to your reviews on Cheese, but we got time yet :smiley: Getting a good variety in your pantry, Blueberry, Amnesia Haze and now Cheese (did I miss any?), way to go!
:wink::beers:

Just the Northern lights autoflower. They were very stinky with citrus pine smell. Great bedtime smoke. My blueberry was a relaxing evening smoke with a sweet taste. It didn’t couch me unless I over smoked :joy:.

1 Like

Very nice collection indeed! Yeah, I cant wait to get my hands on Northern Lights, need to find great sleep strain and from the sounds of it she’s a great candidate for that, lots of fans in the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 18
Yay, I see a root :grinning:

Here she is today

9 Likes

Looking good ! :+1:

1 Like

see there ya are you got it :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

1 Like

Thanks guy’s :grin: I’m happy with that nice white root.

2 Likes

Nice job Jewels😁 she will take off now!

1 Like

Yep you will start seeing more and more any day now.

2 Likes

Day 21
Well she’s growing a little. Water temp 64.9 PH 5.85 EC 0.19 Under the humidity dome RH 65% air temp 71.
Her water was changed yesterday. 3 gallons of distilled topped off with well water and Ph’d to 5.8 Still waiting on take off :unamused:. Her root looks healthy and has made it to water. I see a second root peaking down.

Here’s the family

I’m concerned about her color. She was darker green, but over the last week she has slowly became a pale green.
She still has green colydones so I don’t think she’s hungry yet. She is 40" away from the QB’S. That’s as far as I can go. The QBs screw is turned approximately 7/10 of the way up.

I took that last pic with my blueberry to really show the shade of green.
Any thoughts?
QB too close yet? Or intensity of light to high?
Maybe that’s the norm for the cheese strain? Maybe I just worry to much? :joy::joy::joy: She’s green and growing so I’m not that worried.
Here’s a little size comparison

Oh, so now that my root is hitting the water, do I start slowly lowering it a little and make the root kinda chase the water to form air roots? @BigDaddyCain @DoobieNoobie @Myfriendis410

5 Likes

@TDubWilly @peachfuzz @Bogleg are more familiar with the hydro.

3 Likes

Assuming I’ve maintained an air gap between the water and the bottom of the net pot that I like (somewhere around 2") I don’t ever lower the water to make the roots “chase” it. I just leave it as is. The plant will put out more and more roots - nothing you need to do now except maintain proper PH, PPMs, and environment.

The lighter color and appearance of the plant look like it was starving some, but I expect it will recover and start growing in earnest now that it has roots in the water.

8 Likes

I second what Bogs said, i would just add to make sure those roots stay white and are not turning any kind of brown color

6 Likes

Thanks a bunch @TDubWilly @Myfriendis410 @Bogleg.
I’m keeping a good eye on her. Her root is nice white. I appreciate the help and advice :v::green_heart:

4 Likes