The cheesy bubble bucket. Im trying something new

Bubble butt, bubblebubblebubble butt.

Set to watching.

3 Likes

I’m loading bubble butt with some blueberry right now :v::grin:

1 Like

Here is lil’ miss cheese on her 3rd day since germ

I’m a little nervous and excited for her. We will begin our new hydro journey together. I hope I don’t kill her :grimacing:. I don’t normally use rockwool and have always germinated in dirt but hey, so far we’re doing ok. I’ve never liked the idea of misting the top of the medium. In the past with dirt and perennial flower seeds, it didn’t work for me and led to dampening off. I water from the bottom with those. On my past dirt MJ grows, I used a solo cup and water a little around the outside edge of dirt. I like to keep that stem dry and send the root looking for water and making more roots in the process. So with all that in mind, I placed 5cc of some pH 5.8 water and let the cube suck it up from the bottom. Hopefully my crazy methods work for her.
So as I read, read, read everything I can relating to hydro. I’m thinking I should tape off this white bubble bucket ? I’m afraid it will still let in to much light and cause algae with it being White. It is a food grade bucket. Once housed potatoes :+1: I’m also still concerned about my 300-400 ppm of my well water. I’ve checked out the RO water system in the past and if needed in the future I will get one. Just can’t right now. My PPM’s were running 200’s last spring/ summer. maybe the increase
in precipitation has caused the rise of PPM’s in my well. I’m afraid if I attempted to use just well water and nutes, I’ll run into problems. So I’m going with 1 gallon of well water to 3 gallons of distilled. My top offs will be with 1/4 well 3/4 distilled, add nutes and adjust with distilled as needed to get my PPM’s were I need them and the pH it. Oh, I’m going to have to start paying attention to EC instead of PPM’s, since that’s what mega crop uses and I’m going to use the mega crop sample I have. I’ll be ordering more.
I’m going to have lots of questions once she’s ready for her bubble bucket. I try to look up my questions on my own but I’m sure I will be turning to you guys for help quite a bit for questions I can’t find answers to.

8 Likes

Aquatic Life’s RO Buddie only costs $70 for a 3 stage 100 gallon per day unit. It’s not fast, but in 2 hours, it’ll fill up a 5 gallon bucket. Takes my well water with an ec of .350 down to .025.

Also, so far the one plant I’m using megacrop on is growing like crazy. I’ve found 1/4 tsp to one gallon of r/o will make a perfect dose for early veg (total ec, including water is .275).

5 Likes

@blackthumbbetty Thanks, I know we talked about your RO buddy before. I think I still have it bookmarked where you gave the link. And I don’t need fast, it should work perfectly. Just have to save up some money :+1::slightly_smiling_face:Thanks for the dose info on mega crop. I am hoping to be impressed by the stuff. I checked out your grow entry, she’s looking good. I love that homemade autopot. Very clever :+1: I’ll be watching and learning

2 Likes

Well she’s been busy for a 5 day old. Yesterday I introduced her to the QB’s and gave her 10cc of 1/2 strength FF root drench. I’m still going to use mega crop for nutes but figured this little hydro 1/2 a hydro dose would do her some good.

And here she is today

She has roots coming out the bottom of the rock wool. She’s getting ready for her bucket. It’s all ready for her but I don’t want her that close to the light. I’m going to have to put my exhaust fan out side of the tent to give me more head room so I can raise the lights. Right now they’re turned down a smidge of a screw turn. If they’d quit calling school off for these dang pansy kids. To cold SMH :rofl: I can’t really mess in the tent with my 15 year old and his buddies running around here.
But my hydro lettuce is good cover

6 Likes

I moved the exhaust fan outside of the tent and
got my light raised my. Lil cheese is in the bucket. She’s 7 days old

Just hand fed pH 5.8 water until I see her roots come out the bottom of the net pot. Bucket water is bubbling below her with pH 5.79 EC 0.15 water temp 66. Let’s hope she grows :seedling::v::green_heart:

7 Likes

Sweet start to greatness I see

2 Likes

I sure hope so. She appears happy. Let’s hope I don’t be let her down too bad, being a hydro newbie :seedling::rofl:

1 Like

Day 10
Not much happening yet, I sure hope those roots are growing. She’s not growing above ground so she must be growing roots. Nothing out of net pot yet.

I’m anxiously awaiting visible growth :slightly_smiling_face: :v: :green_heart:

5 Likes

They all look good Jewels! Especially that baby she is too stinking cute :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks missiles :blush: I’m watching that baby cheese and waiting for her to take off. :v:

3 Likes

Idk, I’m thinking I should just stick with hydro for my herbs and lettuce.
I think I was born with dirt under my nails. I’ve gardened with my dad as long as I can remember. Looks like I’m a dirt girl and I’m seriously thinking of putting her in dirt. She is just not growing at all and she’s 2 weeks today. I do have a cherry tomato seedling that could use her bucket. 1st pic is from today

Why is she not growing?
RH 68 room temp 66. Bucket temp 64.8, pH 5.8, TDS 118. I haven’t added any nutes yet, should I be already? Net pot is 2" above water. 2 airstones mist the bottom of the netpot
@DoobieNoobie @blackthumbbetty @Screwauger @MacGyverStoner @BigDaddyCain @Myfriendis410

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about her lack of development @GreenJewels, hopefully someone with more knowledge on the matter will chime in. Rockwool is just so funky, did you simply put the seed after soaking it right into the rockwool?
Hope you find a remedy for what ails her.

1 Like

Yes, I soaked seed for 24 h, then into rockwool that was previously rinsed in pH 5.8. idk? Bet I could put her in dirt and she’d grow :grimacing:

3 Likes

That’s a tough choice, would you just put the whole cube of rockwool into dirt, right?
I just scrolled to the top of thread, I thought you had planted a whole bunch of mj seeds, not the case. I see cilantro & parsley (love cilantro). I am sure you could pop her into soil and she’ll take off from there but wait till someone else chimes in. This is new Uncharted Territory (you & me both), maybe that’s how they start off? Or maybe its a matter of making some adjustments, water, light, you know, a whole bunch of potential tweaks or maybe just one tweak.

The Bright note is, she looks nice & healthy, so that is something in and of itself. Curious to see what others will say. I think you’ll be fine regardless, if she goes back into soil it wont be a shock. plus you got a green thumb :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @Mote. Ya, I’m not sure if. I guess I’d have to plant the rockwool so I don’t disturb her roots. Guess I better do some research. She had roots coming out of rockwool when I put her in the hygroton perlite mix. My cherry tomato and cilantro have surpassed the cheese. My first hydro and first try at the cheese strain. All other strains I’ve planted in dirt were growing a lot more at 2 weeks. I was under the impression that you get faster growth in hydro but my results just aren’t proving that to me. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Just no idea what it could be.

4 Likes

looks happy jewels may be a slow starter but its best to go with your gut so to speak we are usually right the first time so go with what ya know but if you can put a strain you know well in the bucket :sunglasses:

3 Likes

ya you would plant the cube

2 Likes

Thanks @Haildamaged. She doesn’t look bad, just not growing. She looks like a 1 week old seedling. Seems I do well with blueberry and northern lights. but I’m down to one seed on those. Waiting on another sale​:joy: maybe I’ll give it a try with a blueberry. If my tomato and cilantro weren’t growing I would know for sure it was me. :v::green_heart:

2 Likes