The cheesy bubble bucket. Im trying something new

I start with 3 gallons of RO with ppm 50. I add my hydrogaurd, then my cal mag I add to 250 ppm then add the MC to get it to 1000 so 200 PPM’s is cal mag, 750ppm is MC. I do love the fact that if I screw it up, it’s easy to throw her in a fresh bucket. With soil, I have to flush any screw ups :grin:

2 Likes

Love it, too. Oh, I messed up? Time to dump you out and start fresh.

2 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I went to my rdwc system so much cleaner but you can kill everything at drop of a hat that’s the down side soil gives you the buffer where hydro there is no buffer but I don’t see you in late veg you are still super young but again I’m talking photos I have not and probably never will grow autos I don’t need that fast of a turn over lol

2 Likes

I can explain how to get you ppm measurements right if you want

Well this auto isn’t my norm. It’s pretty dang small. I wish I knew what exactly I did to stunt it. All my others were much bigger at 40 days. I’ve never grown a cheese either. She’s not flowering yet so that’s good. I really don’t care how long it takes her. I’m gonna get it right eventually. :joy: I really want to get good at hydro. It’s so much easier on this old body. With a drain right next to my tent, I am spoiled. Now that I have even more seeds coming I feel better about this little midget girl. Ill grow more :wink::smiley::v::green_heart:

3 Likes

@GreenJewels ok here is the way ppm can work if your ro is at say 50 ppm and u need to put say 250 ppm in it that puts you at 300 ppm before nuits and say you want to be at 750 ppm total so 750 turns into 450 left for nuits and say you have 4 different nuits you want to put in. most of the 450 will be used by your base nuits if you are useing a grow micro bloom system and you are in veg you will add roughly 200 ppm of micro and 200 ppm of grow now you have 50 ppm left for what ever else you want to put in. now keep in mind of what your plant needs at the stage it’s in so in veg you will need more of the NP and not as much K and flower u need more PK and less of the N. So it gets confusing when you try to micro manage the NPK but if you get it down you will love hydro. I hope I didn’t confuse you to much with the NPK and numbers they are estimated numbers. The numbers will change depending on size of containers the water is in as well as temps of water and if I remember right you where around 60 water temp for a week or so that is what stunted the growth most times you want water sweet spot is 65-68 never higher then 72

2 Likes

Thanks, for the information. Nope, not confusing :+1:. I’ll get better with those NPK numbers I hope. Along with PPM’s . I’ve seen some of you good growers spout off those NPK ratios like it’s easy. Your helping me learn and I’m doing a lot of reading too. Right now all they have is the cal-mag, megacrop and as soon as I get back from the store later I’ll add Epsom salts. Even though they say megacrop has all a plant needs, I’m thinking of getting some Greenleaf nutrients bud explosion( PK boost) and some Sweet candy . Bet your right on about my stunting her with low temps, growth did take off once I got the temp up. I appreciate the help. I’m already loving hydro, just gotta get better at it. :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

@Angie Here’s my cheese auto runt journal :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks @GreenJewels

2 Likes

Lol!! That always helps!! Either you forget it or figure out a way to deal with depending on the smoke.:yum::yum::sunglasses:

4 Likes

:joy: yes, you have that right :joy: …way to much forgetting though. :wink: I love my amnesia Haze, it really turns on the creativity and gives me the energy to do it . To bad I’m out :frowning:. More coming soon though.

4 Likes

I’m looking for a a good couch lock strain for evening (or whenever) an uplifting strain for morning wake n bake sesh(99% of all mornings) and a hybrid with a bit of both!!:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Seriously enough that’s what I’m after…jars with name tags…lol. I absolutely love it​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:smoking as well as growing.

3 Likes

Aww Jewels I just pull a bud of A H out of jar from 2/12/19. Two hits and I’m good

4 Likes

See that’s what I’m talking about!!! I want my biggest problem to be deciding which jar to pick from!!! LOL!!!

4 Likes

Me too !! I only have had that a couple times since I started growing.
It was nice while it lasted but it wasn’t for long. My friends that have shared so much with me through the years, I share with them a lot more and I smoke a lot more now :joy:… it happens. Now with the second tent up and new seeds coming + a surplus of cheese seed’s, I’ll finally accomplish that… I hope. And I’m going to do some clones on my first photo. The Cinderella 99 :partying_face:
I’m a little skeptical right now about putting the photo Cinderella 99 in DWC. I am better at soil right now :person_shrugging:. …I guess I’ll smoke on it, multiple times for many more days and decide :joy:. I’ll grow one of the new auto seeds that’s coming first. In DWC again to see how it goes…Hopefully better.
@Haildamaged I’m very very jealous. I did remove a small sticky popcorn bud that wasn’t getting much light. It’s going to be sampled :grin:…I couldn’t resist. I have no AH :open_mouth:

5 Likes

@GreenJewels ok when I first started in hydro I grew a few garbage bag seed till I got it down only took one grow to get descent at it first time you make a ton of mastakes I didn’t have this sight when I started hydro sec grow I fixed first set of mastakes like ph and ppm issues then sec grow I got other disused like water temp and not changing water enough then third grow fixed issues from first and sec lol so it took a total of 3-4 grows to get the system down and now it’s like sec nature and peachfuzz has really good knowledge on hydro so I came to this sight over a year and have stalked his advice like it came from god or the devil and I have learned way more then I need to know now lol

4 Likes

The crazy dollar general had no Epsom salt that didn’t contain peppermint and lavender. So this morning I picked some up at the drug store. I removed 1 gallon of water. Add 1 tsp/5 gallon ratio. Approx 3/5 of a tsp of Epsom salt to 1 gallon RO mixed well and mixed it up in the bucket. I added a little more RO and got my pH to 8.5~ PPM’s 850~ EC 1.15 . My bucket temp is at 68.5~ tent temp 72~ RH 67% and I’m hoping for the best :slightly_smiling_face:. She’s 41 days old 12" wide and 6" tall

:v::green_heart:

7 Likes

She looks better already from last pic def Deeper green so now she’s getting the nitrogen she needed and the sulfur will help a ton also I get my epsom for plants from lows or Home Depot might have it mine didn’t tho lol

1 Like

@BigDaddyCain thanks, that’s a great idea. I have some bag seed in “the drawer” floating around. Those will make good practice. Thanks a bunch. Yes I have stalked @peachfuzz since I first joined ilgm. He’s very knowledgeable. He’s also given a lot of great advice to other new hydro growers. I’ve seen him chime in on. He’s taught me a lot.

3 Likes

Lol!! I haven’t made it to storing in jars yet but I’m working on it. I guess that’s why I stay glued to this place. Cant get enough!!
I almost got Cinderella 99 but I went with EMA…white widow/big bud. Supposedly lots of trichs like WW and big hard buds from BB. Hope she turns out or I may be gifting some seeds and getting more!!

3 Likes