The cheapest grow ever 😅

If you shop around you can get a better one on ebay for a little more even the viparspectra for there 300w only 80.00 on ebay 450w is 119.00 i think tht brand is in my eyes for value for money is amazing the results it gets under the light meter not to mention from the growers i follow on you tube. Are out of this world. Amazon did used to sell them but have recently stopped selling them. i think because thy so good if you have the money to buy them thn i would. But thts my opinion. The key to a successful grow is knowing your basics and following the same thing i got told and tht way its harder to have any issues. Having the right light is important the correct ph level in water and nutrients. For soil its between 6 and 7 ph for soiless/coco its 5.5 &6.5ph. I use soil and my ph is 6.5. My soil’s ph is 6 or 6.2 cant quite remember i use BN soil its very good i think and as u see so do my plants.

1 Like

Have you got a ph meter and a tds meter if not buy thm asap thy are two pieces of equipment you should have before u start to grow. And until your comfortable enough or you should always when watering test your waters ph before you water and then test your run off aswell that way you can see what is going on with ur plants it helps prevent issues like deficiency or nute lock etc which is wen your plant cant get wat it needs or its getting to much of the write stuff and not enough other things it needs. Always water enough to get around 5 to 10% run off so you can see what your plants are taking or not taking for example say u water at 6.5 ph but ur run off is measuring 7.5 then you need to bring that down or ur plant will get sick. To bring it down you will want to water them at 5.8 to 6ph until your run off is back to normal that is how to lower it to raise your ph thn same thing but dont go higher than 7ph. Some info to help.

1 Like

Money a little tight as my wedding very soon

The boss got eyes on my back Acountant lmao

Maybe able to sneak one in next week :crossed_fingers:

Well lights are done so going to check later on on temp see what happens

Cheers bro

2 Likes

Ur welcome my friend. R u a brother or a sister lol. Do u know about PPM/EC and Ph etc

You can also download a free grow bible from this site its very informative. Wat you dont understand i will be happy to explain if i know.

1 Like

I am a bro and you
I have a ph tester and my friend has some other bits he said he will bring n check when we have a brew

:v:

1 Like

I know the feeling my friend. Congratulations and goodluck with your wedding. I am too bro. I also get the news letter. Thers also alot on youtube aswell if like me sometimes i need to see it to understand. Lets hope thy lights will do for now. What type of lught does ur friend have hps or Mh. Or led.

1 Like

I did download it it’s amazing helping me :+1:

1 Like

He’s a lot bigger scale I won’t say to much but he’s led I believe about 4000w

1 Like

Hi @Firstgo. Sounds like you are getting things around. Are you growing autos or photos? Making sure you have the right pots is important and you are at the stage where you can still do it right. Depending on the type of plants you have you will need a 3 or 5 gallon fabric pot. Also right now you should be getting the right soil. Do you know what you want to grow in? I have a grow journal that you can follow easily and I think it’s written for everyone even a first timer to understand. I will tag you in it. Good luck. I also grow for GI issues. They suck

1 Like

Hi bud
I’ve looked it to grow bags found them 3 gallon for £1 each from shop in town

I’m aiming for 4ft at flower as that’s all the room I have I can build and extension if needs be wife wasn’t happy at the size it is as it’s in our bed room

She’ll be happy when she smoking :grin:or hopefully :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

They were seeds I got given for free but the star dawg was already in veg when it was donated to me

So a couple of things:

Welcome to the forum and keep asking questions!

Your light is insufficient. You want actual wattage (plug wattage) of 35 to 50 watts per square foot. 450 watts per square meter. LED’s, LEC’s, MH/HPS are all good choices but one caveat on LED’s is the marketing is bordering on criminally misleading.

Your daytime temp is high; you want to be around 20 C peak.

If you have fly paper in your grow room that means gnats. Gnats means over watering. Getting on a regular and proper watering cycle will do the most for your girls.

Do get a PH meter and a TDS meter. The PH meter should be a “wet” type and not for soil which are worthless. Apera makes a great unit many of us have. You will also need PH up and down along with some kind of Reference solution for calibration of the meter.

Hope this helps and if you want to tag anyone use the @ sign in front of their handle.

2 Likes

Hi buddy
The lights if only for 2 weeks. I’m borrowing a led with drivers for the rest of the grow

The fly paper was only as preventing method don’t have any insects

I have a ph meter and will be getting TDS meter
Many thanks for the advise :pray::v:

2 Likes

Sorry i had to deal with my little one. Anyway i see u have looked into some pots i used 3gallon pots for my autos but now am using 5gallon pots now i already know u were given the seeds so u dont know wat thy are but i am assuming thy are regular seeds or Feminized but if not and the seeds are autos thn i would have thm into 3gallon pots from day 1. One thing about Auto’s is tht u dont need to worry about switching light schedule to trigger flower plus u can keep thm on a 18hrs on 6hrs off from seed to harvest and minimum of 3gallon pots. The more space the roots have the bigger the plant grows. Establishing a good root system will help you grow nice big healthy. Plants which will produce nice big nugs. Well i am off to bed as i am up at the crack of dawn. Glad to hear your getting a led light. I cant wait to see ur set up once get ur light etc setup. Tlk after my friend

1 Like

Cheers Dude
There defiantly not autos but origin unkowen got a few left cheers for helping me

What a difference with the extra light

1 Like

4 Likes

Thy are looking good bro. Will you have space for 6 tho myfriend your going to need a 1.2mx1.2mx 1.8 or 2m space for 6plants i have 4 in my tent but its only 80cmx80xmx160cm but i will use a scrog net to keep my height i also topped 1 and fimmed 3 of mine 3 of mmine i have in 5gallon fabric pots and one is in 4gallo plastic bucket which i had in a space bucket for 3wks. Until my tent arrived. So u will need to get 5gallon pots if ur wanting big plants. Another thing is wet weight i got was 200g when i dried and cured all tht i was left WITH 40g so u lose alot once it drys most ppl dont realise it. But ul have plenty of support here my friend. We can tlk tomz and see what ur babies look like tomz.

1 Like

My room is 1.2 x1.2 x1.2
It’s made for foam insulation board that is foil backed and held together with Ali tape so I only have to buy one more board and it’s as tall as I want it to be I have plenty of room as long as I do it when the wife’s out :rofl:
I’ll try get some pics up befor work if not after peace out stay safe everyone

Or and I am going to be giving my friend 4 as he has a muscle wasting disease so it’s a little surprise for him when there a little bigger

1 Like

You have not seen a cheap grow until you’ve seen mine. Lol I got you beat.

1 Like