The Case of the Sticky Icky Autos

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Just got aficionado for 100 days, 265 to go

2 Likes

What do you mean 1 butter. Just the canabutter alone or toast. How is it used best to solve my pain issue

1 Like

As humans we want to have one easy answer to our questions or problems. I have found in life and work that it is seldom that easy. Lots of times there are more than one variable pertinent to the issue. I’m pretty sure it is the same with growing, but am a newbie so I could be wrong. I do know that when it is one variable that causes the problem it is easy, when it is more than one that is when they used to call me in to troubleshoot in control systems.

Ok thanks. I’m Missouri and have been on Opiates for over 15 years. I have been cutting down but the pain in more noticeable now. I’m 66, retired and can’t wait to get a medical card and start a grow. Expensive to start up with tent, light and nutrients. Just wanted to get the right beans for my pain. Baby learning steps now.

1 Like

Yeah that’s hard. I’m growing for the same reasons. In fact you’ll find a lot of us here are so you’re in the right place. Definitely do your homework and get the best light your budget can handle as that’s the main thing that affects the grow potential. And feel free to ask any question you can think of.

1 Like

Thanks, nothing but questions now. 3X4 Mars tent hopefully. Amazon has LOTS of lights??? Wish there was a store for growers to list the items that they grew out of. I bet someday soon it will be available. Looking at autos for quick growing, back to back. Our “new laws” only allow indoor growing. And only 3 mature plants. But not until they tell us we can start. Ugh.

1 Like

Be careful on Amazon for lights. There’s a lot of misinformation and even some flat out lies about what their lights are capable of. There’s tons of information here about lights. I can say autos are a little faster but they’re also harder to grow because they’re very sensitive and easy to stunt. Once they get stunted they lose harvest weight.

3 Likes

@Piratekev I’m with @DoobieNoobie on the lights. Save a little little more and then ask what everyone likes. When I bought my kit at a local store I paid extra for an HLG-300 made the decision by accident, before I found this forum. Got lucky on that decision. I have also set up a smaller tent and put a HLG-135 in there. With light it is the case of buy once cry once.

Ok, iv seen name brand lights for cheep. Are these knock offs? I really thought I could get going for under 300. Buying what I need and saving up for a growing set up is going to take lots of time. Fixed income and no way to make side money. I’ll figure it out. Listing stuff on line might make me a few bucks. I don’t drink or smoke so can’t cut back on that. Might make a grow room for photo plants in the garage that will still have to worry about lights intrusion. Then it’s just lights for high dollar expenses. Just don’t want to screw up a couple months grow. Read read and ask questions. I’ve got some time.

Got ya. Get it right the first time. No need to second guess. hps, mh, led, cob, everyone likes them all. Thousand bucks for some. Not for me. Gram to Watt ratio seems interesting for big growers. Mars 600 Watt LED w/ veg to bloom switch for 200. New stuff comes along MO.

There’s decent mid priced lights. There’s great moderate priced ones. And then there’s expensive good or expensive not so good lol. There’s also DIY home built lights like I use. They split the difference by using high end diodes but being built by me they aren’t as fancy as the high end store bought. There’s plenty of knowledge here in that department with @dbrn32. It took me several months of saving and selling off extra stuff to get started myself. It sounds like we’re in the same boat all the way around. And @Bubblehead is right on buy once. Especially when income is tight. You can’t go wrong with the horticulture lighting group quantum boards he mentioned. They’re the middle ground on price but high end on function.

1 Like

Going to head to the website and see what I can build. Kit wise doesn’t scare me. I appreciate the talk guys. Now it’s time to BBQ for the game. It was 9 below on Wednesday and it’s 71 outside today here in Missouri. I don’t care who wins the game. Smoke one for me n I’ll do the same for you.

1 Like

Sounds good man. I’ll tag you in my last and current journals so you can see what I came up with.

1 Like

Sounds good enjoy the game. I built my 135. Took me an hour but I took my time and made sure it was correct. I could have done it in half the time but I had some outside interference.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me learn from tried and true growers. I’ve got more questions so thanks for letting me bend your ear.

2 Likes

Your ladies looking swell as usuall @blackthumbbetty ! Missed so much time on the forum but glad to see almost everyone has their hands and pots full:)

1 Like

Glad you’re back! I apologize for the mess that is this journal. I have been seriously slacking with the updates.

Here’s a photo update, just for you @rumpelstiltskin.

Total plant count:10
The one with yellow leaves is a Blue Cheese; last BC I grew did the same. She’ll probably be ready to harvest in a few weeks, so I’m not killing myself trying to fix her.

7 Likes

I was thinking the same thing :joy: looking good :v:

3 Likes

Holy crap that was a big update lol

2 Likes