The buds are huge but there's little aroma to match?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I’m really confused about my BGA order. I read the article on your site and it indicated the BGA should be harvested in Oct??? I started these outside in mid May and harvested today. The buds are huge but there’s little aroma to match? The climate here has been hot and humid - would this affect aroma? By the way, these buds are loaded with trichs - just puzzled on lack of aroma? Any thoughts on why it lacks aroma? Should I have waited to harvest until Oct?

You really have to go by the trics when harvesting. That’s the only way to know the precise time for harvest.
Now if it’s a day or two after you cut them that you’ve discovered they smell like hay then don’t sweat it , the smell will return after a proper cure.
Edit
Oh I see you harvested today, I’m stumped.
Was there any scent before you chopped?

The smell really comes back after curing for a month or better

Do you have any photos?

Sorry for confusion on comments. The “more detail” article on ILGM website for the bubble gum auto, BGA, indicated the BGA should be harvested in Oct??? I thought the point of growing autos was quick flowering period. This plant was beefy and loaded with trichs. I didn’t know if these autos produced chronic bud and wondered if lack of aroma indicates weaker bud? Also, when I said the buds were huge, I meant huge for an AF.