The Blueberry Strikes Back

Thanks so much for the info! I just want to keep things safe around here. Thankfully my dad taught me how to wire in a breaker and I paid attention. Probably because I was watching to make sure he didn’t die lol. He liked to wire things while they were live. One more question, if I flip the house main, the panel should be dead right?? I’ve read some debate on this and need clarity.

2 Likes

Everything will be dead with exception of the wires coming in from the meter and where they land whether it be a lug or breaker.

2 Likes

Thanks. I assumed that but wanted to be sure.

1 Like

I have a Non-Contact electric sensor I have used for years. Its cheap and lets you now if the wire is really off.
Having worked here in Missouri where most rural areas have ZERO building codes and inspections its one more precaution I take. But if you turn off the main as Midwestnewbie said then everything should be safe.

https://www.amazon.com/Onefa-Electricity-Detector-Electric-90-1000V/dp/B07MV5PJH8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1548019486&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=electric+test+sensor&psc=1

It simply lights up when near a live wire.

3 Likes

I have one

1 Like

One more question. My dad was telling me to avoid Romex cable in conduit due to heat. Is this true??

Here is an article about that. Opinions are many.
Big question is if the location might get wet?
I like weather-tight conduit and fittings even inside.
https://www.thespruce.com/romex-and-conduit-wiring-in-exposed-locations-1821529

1 Like

It’s a basement and leaks sometimes.

I’ll do individual wires from a junction box where romex will feed from the box.

1 Like

So, I got a little bored with growing today and may have dropped more sour d seeds.

4 Likes

And some boring pics. The plants in coco are looking a little neon so it’s time to up the nutes.

9 Likes

@MattyBear is blueberry prone to WPM. Seems like it to me and I’ve been battling it with these.

I’ve only grown a few of the Blueberry, but I didn’t have any issues with WPM. Let me look it up and see what it says tho…

Seems like it could be just due to its nature of being a wide and bushy plant.

1 Like

My next will be Blueberry. What is WPM? I’d like to keep an eye out for it.

White powdery mildew

1 Like

Never had any wpm problems with my indoor blueberrys.

1 Like

Nor have I and Ive grown 3 indoors

1 Like

Some updates from the mixed nuts grow.

Sour Diesel and JH and NL

Cali Snow, blue cheese and Blueberry

Black Widow babies

Blueberry

And I got bored and dropped some Goldleaf

10 Likes

Welcome to my world.

And 3 sour D’s and 3 more GL’s? Id love to be a patient of yours! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes