The bioengineering of cannibis by Big Pharma

emphasized text
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02525-4?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=0a58fd4efb-briefing-dy-20190902&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-0a58fd4efb-43967617

I can see the benefits of it but imo you can’t improve on what God gave us in a lab. Synthesized Anything always comes with more dangers.

3 Likes

control = $, or £ in my case.

1 Like

Ive been waiting for this guys input :joy::joy::joy::point_down:t5:

1 Like

So what happens when they genetically engineer plants to produce very little thc. Then big pharma lobbyists talk politicians into mandating their genetically engineered weak seeds as part of a legalization bill. That would be all we could get and we would be at mercy of big pharma on a whole new level…

3 Likes

Well… the general pop would… im seed stashing NOW :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I believe it’s something we need to watch closely and be careful what we ask for. Not that our interests would ever have a chance. But we have the right to be smarter, just have to be smart enough to exercise it.

In that scenario your seed stash would likely become pretty valuable.

5 Likes

Forget gold. Invest in seeds. No matter what it will pay off

2 Likes

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this means?

“The psychoactive substance is normally found only in small outgrowths from the plant known as trichomes, which means that its stalk, stems and leaves are wasted biomass.”

Wasted. Sad. Nah, we don’t need to do anything with the rest, just throw it in the landfill. Wouldn’t be edible, or healthy, or beneficial to anyone at all…

I hate that something like that is just said in passing like it’s fact.

2 Likes

Sorry i was laughing and pointing down at DB. I was reading and thinking to myself when his avi started typing. He’s the glass half empty to my half full :joy:. Ever want the bottom line best n worst case scenario? Ask him

2 Likes

Amount spent annually in the U.S. on the war on drugs: $47+ billion

Number of arrests in 2017 in the U.S. for drug law violations: 1,632,921

Number of drug arrests that were for possession only: 1,394,514 (85.4 percent)

Number of people arrested for a marijuana law violation in 2017: 659,700

Number of those charged with marijuana law violations who were arrested for possession only: 599,282 (90.8 percent)

Percentage of people arrested for drug law violations who are Black or Latino: 46.9% (despite making up just 31.5% of the U.S. population)

Number of people in the U.S. incarcerated in 2016: 2,205,300 – the highest incarceration rate in the world

Number of people in the U.S. incarcerated for a drug law violation in 2016: 456,000

Number of people in the U.S. who died from an accidental drug overdose in 2017: 72,000

Number of states that allow the medical use of marijuana: 33+ District of Columbia

Number of states that have legalized marijuana: 11 (Alaska, California, Colorado, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont and Washington State) + District of Columbia

Number of states that have decriminalized or removed the threat of jail time for simple possession of small amounts of marijuana: 22

Number of people killed in Mexico’s drug war since 2006: 200,000+

Number of people killed in the Philippines drug war since 2016: 12,000+

Number of students who have lost federal financial aid eligibility because of a drug conviction: 200,000+

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that syringe access programs lower HIV incidence among people who inject drugs by: 80 percent

Tax revenue that drug legalization would yield annually, if currently-illegal drugs were taxed at rates comparable to those on alcohol and tobacco: $58 billion

3 Likes