The 4 gelato beans (2nd grow)

Thank you @Happy805 Yours is lookin good also. I bet you are lookin forward to the final result as much as i am, lol…This is the 1st time ive ordered seeds from ILGM. Every review i have seen is all good. Dont know what made me select gelato but im lookin so forward to harvest time. Keep me updated on your’e progress as i will with mine from time to time.
Happy growing…

Hope they all turn into pure beast and grow like weeds

Day 20
Added a small amount of nutes about 3 days ago sense grow at 50 ppm. Ph has been right at 5.8

I also got a new light today from Amazon so much brighter then the purple. I would love to get a qb but not in budget yet

1 Like

Hey @happy805, lookin good. Is this you’re 1st time using LED???
I tried them once about 3 yrs ago and they scared the shit out of me. After the 3rd week in flower, i did’nt see the results i did using HPS. So i switched back. At that time i was doing blueberry. Maybe it was just me being scared of them, but I hope you’re results with LED are bad ass. I can’t wait to see yours in bout a month from now.

1 Like

@Nihle65 this is my second grow with leds. Youcan see my first grow on this fourm it was the ilgm og kush and it came out ok but i know that i need to step up the lights i started with two bestva 1000w off Amazon really only 180w each of that purple junk. There are a lot of good leds out right now and some guys on this fourm have built there own as well.

@Nihle65 @Happy805
Depending on what’s in your budget there several fixtures that are high quality. Any of these fixtures will be more efficient and produce more lumens per watt than any amazon panel you buy.

Horticulture lighting group offer the best for your wallet. The quantum boards are proving to be popular. Most purchase theirs through growers lights dot com. You can opt to have them wired for a small fee, or assemble them yourself.

There’s Rapid LED that covers a variety of size tents, up to a 4x4. These need to be assembled and wired yourself. I assure you we can help with wiring it. If you jump start a vehicle you could wire these.

There’s timber ridge lighting that is basically a kit that’s ready to go out of the box, but you pay for it.

I have the rapid kit, and I assure you this is the best grow I’ve ever had, with an unexpected amount of under growth. They really have great penetration through the canopy. By far the best money I’ve ever spent, with visual results the first grow around. (Pun intended) More than welcome to check out my journal and follow along. Happy growing.

1 Like

@Happy805, how do you like the new light so far? :mage:

@Covertgrower About the lights you have mentioned are you talking about getting a kit from HLG and assembling yourself? A kit like 260W QB V1 LED Kit ?

I am trying to make sure I am on the right track here. I have been digging this subject for a while… Sigh … finally starting to put some dots together for my situation… .
Thanks for any info you can kindly give…

2 Likes

@Covertgrower looks like im going to try to diy a qb304 with one of the drivers from the blurple lights. Ill post some pics the process.

2 Likes

@kw_Bat much brighter then the bluples. But im parting them out ( well at least one for now)

You would have a more efficient light if you went with a Meanwell driver to power the QB 304. But making use of a blurple driver is economical, won’t deny that one.
I don’t have a QB light, @MattyBear has one. I have the 4x4 Rapid LED kit with the CREE COB’s. @Happy805 @kw_Bat

1 Like

I looked at rapid leds last night and there look sweet and not a bad price for what your getting.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Happy805 @MattyBear

Is this the type of kit you are talking about? I see it has the meanwell driver.

2 Likes

I just got one board and im going to use one of the drivers from my bluples. But the draw back is the driver my only push like 65w max. So im going to try just one first and if im happy with it ill get two more. I can always get a better driver down the road.

1 Like

This is how it starts @Happy805 lol.
Yes that’s the kit @kw_Bat

2 Likes

Day 26ish

Got some bubble wrap Insulation to help block light out of the reservoir. Ive checked ph daily and its been pretty steady at 5.8.

Got the qb board in today. Wired it up and its puts out a lot of light for only a ~65w driver im going to gab some scrap sheet and make a mount for the driver. Right now its zipped tied.

1 Like

Day 32 from seed
Ive been slowly add nutrients and cal mag and also b52 and voodoo juice. Ive brought the ppm up to about 400 and they seem fine. Flooding the tray every 2 hours

2 Likes

45 days from seed

Girls are looking good. The b52 was a great buy these girls have tree trunks lol. The hose came off my pump in the res so I’m not sure how many watering I missed today but roots were pretty dry but its was a quick fix and they don’t look bad just a little sad. I did top em on Monday also

1 Like

Day 66ish from seed

All 4 have been topped once. To night is first 12/12 I’ve been taking off a hour a night the past week. Swapped out water added advanced nutrients sensi bloom. A little cal mag and hydrogaurd. Ppm is at 700ish ph 6.7

![20190324_173937

Day 85 from seed
Day 19 from flip

Ph has been 5.8 to 5.7 with not much adjustment needed using sensi bloom and a little big bud. I have not been measuring anything lol just watching the ppm keeping it at about 800 to 1000. There drinking alot about a gallon a day flooding the tray 11 times a day only with lights on

Did some defoliating yesterday took most of the little stuff from the bottom and so.e of the really big fan leaves that were blocking light