The 1stTimer 1st Grow Journal

I plan on stripping the girls so a heavy defoliation

@Chasfitter @Covertgrower @grizZz Yall think I can fit in 1 last good defoliation at this point I fliped to flower on the 6/9 but it took about a full week before seeing pistils and bud sites starting to form i feel im on about week 3-4 of flower

4 Likes

No doubt. Plenty to take. All older fan leaves could go. Anything blocking a flower site.

1 Like

Idk if you are familiar with the schwazzing technique at all but thats something I’ve wanted to try maybe not as aggressive as 100% schwazzing but very close to it

1 Like

Yea I wouldn’t scwahzz unless you’re gonna follow the strict day 1 & 20 of flower defol….best just to do like these others are saying and take off lower/older and anything else you don’t see becoming anything :sunglasses::+1:t2: They look good

1 Like

Yeah I wasent going to do a full extreme schwazz but close i may try it on 1 girl to experiment so then if I screw it up im only loosing 1 plant and not all 3 lol

Again I wouldn’t cause I’m greedy and like to know what I’m getting especially when I grow it myself :rofl:

1 Like

You can afford to thin them out some and allow some air flow through those buds, and let the light shine through to other buds

1 Like

@grizZz @Chasfitter @Covertgrower Well all done with the defoliation time to let these girls ride out now ill still remove a few along the way but the last big defoliation is done the tent is already smelling absolutely amazing and dam I should wore gloves cause I’m sticky af now haha overall removed a entire grocery bag worth of leaf material plenty of light penetration now they should like the light

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of goodness in that tent
Happy growing :potted_plant::grin:

1 Like

Dude that looks clean and slick nicely done! They’re gonna be like BOOM now

1 Like

@grizZz @Woodbutcher78 thanks alot I appreciate it and with the amount of light penetration im hoping for some nice big collas im excited to see how they will bounce back by next week all 3 of the plant had no signs of stress after the strip either but I fed rite after with a heavy feeding of about 1400ppm so I hope they take that well its the strongest feeding I’ve fed so far I was aiming for around 1100ppm so im not that far off they should be fine imo

2 Likes

I haven’t checked runoff yet… It scares me. Lmao.
If my plants looked funny, or were acting funny, I’d definitely check.
I will be checking when I start to flush my plant right before harvest.

1 Like

I check my runoff maybe once a week especially when switching to flower i haven’t checked in a month tho so ill be checking in a few days when I water next gotta stay on top of them numbers lol

1 Like

Those look outstanding!

1 Like

Didn’t have time to water the last couple days good thing i upped there water intake to 3.5 quarts by next week they will be up to a gallon each every few days they are doing amazing and packing on the frost looks like the lsd is going to be a good pheno the last grow I did with a buddy the lsd we grew was not good imo but this one is that girl lol her terps are 100% different than the last pheno they are all filling in amazingly tho so im happy

6 Likes

Girls are doing amazing they are consuming a gallon of water each every 3 days now today’s was a feed day so they got Jacks 321 with 1.5 gallon well water to 1.5 gallon of distilled water PH at 6.55 PPM at 1400 they are just loving life and throwing out frost day by day oddly enough tho the LSD has already started to show some color change with some purple coming in on her the first lsd pheno I grew had absolutely no purple at all over all tho couldn’t be happier with how they are doing

5 Likes

Looking good. Tent full of frosty goodness :potted_plant::grin:

1 Like

Those leaves look so sharp and pretty! Nice homie happy for ya

1 Like

Yesterday was the beginning of week 6 of :blossom: for my 3 girls still just trucking away and filling in day by day and frosting over amazingly the LSD keeps putting on more and more purple as well I sure can’t wait for harvest time for these 3

5 Likes