The 1st Timer round 2

@Nicky @Not2SureYet Well I decided to go ahead and order my 2pot auto pot system today ill also be growing in canna coco with Jacks this next run instead of soil I also bought a fish tank heater and the mini wave maker yall recommend for my reservoir is there anything else yall recommend for this setup what should my water temp be kept at in my reservoir

1 Like

Congrats.

Fish take heater?

Um water should be room temp or lower, avoid warm water, slighly cool is ideal since the tent should be at about 79f

2 Likes

I’m a basement grower temp gets to lower 60s sometimes especially in winter it gets cold here lol so ima need a water heater to keep my reservoir at a good temp

1 Like

You water can be cool, just not ice cold.

2 Likes

I was always under the impression water temps should be between 67f to like 72f from what I’ve read and heard I know the colder the water there’s typically more oxygen present in the water I don’t think I’ve ever given my plants water that was under 68f lol

True about the oxygen, it can’t be to cold though of course.

I don’t have numbers so definitely do some research, I grow in a heated room

1 Like

Canna and just about every other Google search recommends 62 to 72 range so ill go with that and adjust if needed when time comes maybe I won’t need a heater but atleast ill have it in case I don’t want the temp to fluctuate to much id rather keep it at a solid temp

Not much to update on the 3 girls that got the chop will be trimmed and bagged up tomorrow into grove bags the 2 clones in the 3x3 are dealing with a bit of spectrum shock due to them being under a led reading lamp and now being under a real grow led unit they should be fine tho they are growing still so they must not be that in shock lol I topped the Chemdog x Amnesia blue headband and tied her down her stem broke a few weeks back and I just left it cause I didn’t think it would make it well she made it and it turned into a nice monster crop lmao so im sticking with it haha

3 Likes

Proves how resilient these plants are! Nice job with the super crop :sunglasses:

1 Like

They realy are extremely hardy plants over all every branch snap ive ever encountered always pushed through and never had any hiccups in the process this time I literally just left the snaped branch and she did her own thing I typically tape up broken branches with medical tape but not this time and boy is the knuckle at the break site STRONG! lol this is also a clone I kept for a mother plant but I may just send her into flower in this little 1 gallon pot and see what happens she already need water daily but I also don’t have enough soil to transplant atm and the next grow will be in coco this time with jacks and auto pots

1 Like

Hers a few pics of one of the nugs I snagged off the Wedding Cake nice and frosted and smells amazing 2 no flash 1 with flash my smell and taste are coming back and this girl stanks can’t wait to see what they all smell like in a few weeks when I hopefully have full senses back and they have cured for a bit

4 Likes

Very nice morsels of cake! just did a harvest and trim with covid couldn’t smell a thing took about 2 weeks to get my senses back

1 Like

Yeah the 13th will be my 2nd week and they are starting to come back bit by bit every day especially within the last day or 2 actually but they will get there lol definitely sucks tho

2 Likes

Well I just trimmed the Chemdog x Amnesia blue headband she came out to 98g of good flower and also trimmed the wedding cake came to 90g of good smokeable flower i put alot into trim as ill be using it for butter so I can make some good edibles and a good portion of buds turned out airy due to the ph issue I dealt with late in flower high ppms lead to airy buds it is what it is just something to stay on top of next time the smells coming from this wedding cake tho are amazing makes me drool and I can barley smell :rofl: ill snag a few pics tomorrow of all 3 buds once I trim up the GSCX

2 Likes

Alright yall to close out this grow journal here are some pics of each strain all pics are 1 with flash 1 without 1st up is Chemdog x Amnesia Blue Headband at 98 grams

Next is the Wedding Cake at 90 grams

And last is the Girl Scout Cookies Extreme at 94 grams

In total just shy of 10 ounces out of the 3 plants i do have a large zip lock full of trim and realy fluffy airy buds there weren’t worth the time to trim also all the trimming was done majority with the CannaBrush it works wonders especially with the realy leafy buds there no hand cramps I used my snips to get in and get fan leafs and that was it ohh and it DOES NOT knock off more trichomes than traditional snips do id highly recommend anyone getting one of these especially if you deal with any typ of carpel tunnel or nerve damage to the hands or arthritis it helps alot over all happy with the turnout and I appreciate every one thats stoped by and chimed in or helped its always a honor conversation with yall

4 Likes

Excellent looking buds gotta get me a cannabrush!

1 Like

Thanks bud and you will like it I surely did cuts back on time it takes to trim and it saves the hands haha you’ll still need scissors to get fan leafs and get into tite spots but they realy do work well and comes out with a nice looking trim imho

1 Like

Those are some nice buds. I would worry about water temps to much. I run from 60 - 80s depending on how hot the weather is. I just started recording the temps for the rez in this grow. I can’t say for sure it has not effected me. But if it has. It hasn’t shown. I my self worry more about to cold. If that was an issue. A cheap aquarium heater would fix that :grin: Congrats on getting the autopots though. How big are your pots there?
And those are some nice looking buds :+1:

1 Like

I appreciate it brotha im happy with how they turned out even tho I battled hard with ph lockout for the last like 5 weeks of flower lmao and I went with the 3.9 gallon pots sense I typically grow in 3 gallon fabric pots I just got them in today actually while I was at work ill probably soak beans this week and get everything ready I also went with Grow It coco sense my canna coco bricks got lost in transit I also already bought a 100w tank heater every where I read says temps should be between 68f and 72f so that’s what ill stick with for now

Another question for ya Auto pots recommends hydroton or chunky perlite on the bottom of the pots do you do this at all is it necessary at all or no im also not using air dones as I feel like that will mess with the ph and make it fluctuate to much

1 Like