THC When is it present?

Supposedly there is no THC content in a seed. At what point does it have THC? Does the sprout? Do the first leaves that break through the grow medium? When is THC first detected?
Just wondering.

THC, as well as the other cannabinoids such as CBD, are contained in the plant’s trichomes which develop as the plant matures. Here’s a picture of a flower’s trichomes.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought. So a follow up question. Why don’t some of the seed companies, like the one here, sell seedlings Sure seeds are smaller and easier to mail but I would think people would pay for the seedlings and skip the first couple of weeks of the growing cycle and know for sure they are getting a plant. When I was working I had 6 businesses, I’ve had a minimum of 2 jobs since high school. I guess I’m always thinking of another business.

1 Like

Because marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. You can purchase clones from dispensaries if you’re in a legal state.

3 Likes

I’m in Illinois, a legal state. I don’t think you can buy clones.

You can’t because home cultivation is still illegal in your state.

Wait it is illegal at the federal level. So what. We can buy seeds persumable because seeds do not have a THC content. Neither does a seedling.

home cultivation is legal in Illinois with a medical card

THC is present in the whole plant right from seedling onwards not just in the tricombs.

1 Like

But seeds do contain trace amounts of THC, and illegal to ship through the mail. But it does happen a time or two.

Well, there’s another theory debunked.

Not yet. I am in IL as well. They want to make there money first. Not as much tax if you grow your own.

2 Likes

@AutoMattik What is not yet? In Illinois with a Medical card you can grow up to 5 plants.

You cannot get clones yet. Or seeds for that matter. And it is 6 plants with a Med card only.

1 Like

@AutoMattik I’m pretty sure it is 5 plants This is from the Illinois General assembly
(410 ILCS 705/Art. 10 heading) `` Article 10. Personal Use of Cannabis
An Illinois resident 21 years of age or older who
is a registered qualifying patient under the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Program Act may cultivate cannabis plants, with a limit of 5 plants that are more than 5 inches tall, per household without
Unless they changed this?

1 Like

Hey. I tried to use THC. And you know, I was able to cope with my panic attacks. I research products at https://highlii.com/. Is is important to mention that some people do not tolerate THC well. Common problems include anxiety, paranoia, memory impairment, redness of the eyes, dry mouth, palpitations, and shortened reaction times. These side effects are enhanced with the use of THC-dominant cannabis strains. Patients may develop tolerance to THC, which over time can reduce side effects.

Tough to mail plants and under the law a lot more punishable. Better to grow your own from the start and know her personally than to let another raise her for you. In my opinion it takes all the fun out of it.

1 Like

You can buy seeds, but its still not legal to ship them, even if they are being shipped to a state where cultivation of cannabis is legal. That is why most seed companies operate with BitCoin and such.

1 Like

@CannyWest If you can’t tolerate it then don’t do it, its very simple. I love getting stoned, but also use it to help with anxiety and depression. @Draco1 let’s fire one up

@IslandGrown76 Ya, hell ya, um, my statement @CannyWest was to harsh. Had to delete it.

2 Likes