THC Potency Test

Has anyone ever tested how much thc potency is in your grow? Anyone have any home kits they recommend?

3 Likes

I think @Nicky maybe or knows one that has

@Bubblehead recently posted on another thread about this :+1:

1 Like

I imagine pretty much every grower here has tested the potency of their homegrown product…

6 Likes

… you know… for science!!! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

@RandyMarsh I have used both the Cannalytics kit and the tCheck. Cannalytics takes more skill and time to get good results. The tCheck is more expensive up front but I think it does a better job. The Cannalytics left a lot up to interpretation and the supplies were going to be expensive. I have been able to find all the supplies needed for tCheck on Amazon for a lot less money.

5 Likes

@RandyMarsh

Here’s a full review I did on potency testing using TLC

4 Likes

@Bubblehead and @emgoldslo have you covered.

I would go with the Tcheck if money was no option but I think the non Tcheck thin layer chromatography kit is a great choice, you’ll get more accurate the more you do it.

Personally i haven’t got one because I’m busy spending my money on other stuff and I’m already near double what I ever thought ide spend on this hobby haha

6 Likes

Oh I hear ya. When I started I thought how hard can it be. Some light, some dirt and some food. Boy I’m a long way from that…

7 Likes

Right …11k later

3 Likes

I’m only 7600 but eh who’s counting haha

3 Likes

I’m in at least 10 grand and plan on probably more.There’s always something.

1 Like

Nice ill check it out. How did you spend finding all what you need on amazon?

I seen this when i first researched this… must be the real deal. I definitely want to test my first grow im curious lol. Although im at least 2 weeks away from my first harvest its almost time to start thinking of that

1 Like

Same haha. Always something new comes up during my grow that i need

1 Like

The reactant is 99% isopropyl alcohol. I found the small syringes and filters needed on Amazon also. Amazon had that in bulk and when compared to their supply kit costs it was less expensive. Plus I have supplies for hundreds of tests.

2 Likes

I just bought a HiGrade microscope… It’s supposed to be +/-3% accurate… I also use the app to grade weed. It had decent reviews so I bought it. I’m on my first grow so I haven’t had a chance to rate my own grow.

3 Likes

Want some reviews when you use it.

2 Likes

Im about the same…7500 range…cost of building grow room and equipment…I figure a few grows(5 or 6 maybe) ill grow my money back…

2 Likes