Thatguythatgrows

yeah, best to keep expectations lowish.

1 Like

Thought I’d drop by and check out your grow. They’re looking good and its not going to be much longer and you’ll be chopping them down. Like your scrog hardware. I can’t use on my hydro so mine got a little wild :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: with that whole jungle thing this time before I could muster the courage to break their arms and let knuckles form. If you know what I mean. I got it down now so I don’t need strings now. which is cool and makes res changes easier. I’m gonna follow your grow brother and happy growing

1 Like

thank you. i’ve got a few knuckles of my own but most are accidental. i think i am 3 weeks out on the kush and 4-5 on the purp. but never know for sure. i like to harvest early in the window to get the least amount of couch lock. i have no problem being lazy on my own. :joy:

1 Like

I’m about to start chopping soon around here. I’ve got huge buds everywhere and I’m buying little popcorn buds. Smdh

lets see. are the trichs all milky and a little amber?

1 Like

The smallest one is cloudy with a few amber. I figure by full moon on 15th it should be ready and the others have been around a week behind it on pre flowering and flowering so maybe the week after I chop the little one. The little one will be in their 9th week of flowering and the others 10-11th week of flowering. They’re huge and nearly filling my xtra bedroom. Every bud is nice and hard as a pine cone. I hope they stay that way after they get get chopped.
My next ones will be indicas. I’m gonna growing the Afghan to stone me at night time. The Wwa that I’m about to chop will last me a year or so and it’ll be good for the day time.
I can’t wait until I’m more familiar with my strains. Then I won’t be sitting around wondering how much longer. I gotta go get a battery charger and see what’s going on with my gate opener.

i love white widow. heres a ww grow i harvested jan of 2012.

3 Likes

Then you’re familiar with the jungle I got. Lmao

1 Like

here we are finishing up day 42 of flower. these girls have done great so far. they have hardly even dropped a leaf. good thing to because it turns out that defoliating is easy to get carried away with. we are in the heat of summer and temps have been 81 and today it even got up to 82. i’ve adjusted the light to shut off around noon and hopefully that will help with avoiding the mid day heat. it looks like i am going to have to unexpectedly move pretty quickly. i am hoping i can get these girls to wrap it up in the next couple of weeks.

first up, the holy grail kush. her nute burn has increased slightly. i’m still feeding sensi bloom 2 part base and also the moab. the burn is so minimal that i’m not concerned. maybe i should be?? the hairs are starting to recede and are about half orange and the trichs are around 50% milky also. still going to feed the moab mix tomorrow morning. thinking about getting ripen to throw in the last week before florakleen. got to get these buds plumped up. here’s some pics. she is slightly thirsty right now so looking a little droopy.

here’s the granddaddy purple. she is not as far along as the kush. continues to frost. no milky trichs and most hairs are still white. she is stacking very nicely. i feel like the kush is going to produce the knock out weed but purp is going to push out the better yield. i’m not even considering the flush on her yet. still feeding strong. i am concerned with mold since it has been difficult to keep temps below 80 and humidity stays around 50%. i am going to keep an eye on her for now, but still may remove the scrog in a couple more weeks and use bamboo to support the colas. anyhow… here she is.

4 Likes

Looking good! I would say that I don’t worry about temps until I hit 85F and using a VPD chart is a good idea. (Vapor Pressure Deficit–for cannabis)

4 Likes

Your girls are looking good. The time clicks by in a flash. You’ll be chopping soon enough. I went ahead and chopped the little one that I was talking about and now it’s in the dryer. I’ll soon see how everything turns out on her in a few days of drying and weeks of curing. Time wounds all heals and heals all wounds.

1 Like

1 Like

what is that dryer? is it light tight?

1 Like

O yeah that’s the wedryer xl and it is definitely light tight. It costs about $150 with shipping. This is my first time trying it so I’m gonna see how it does. A couple of others on here said it drys fast if you pre trim so I left the leaves on and I’m only drying my little plant. I’m hoping it works good. It would be a nice time saver if it does. It took no time at all from plant to dryer. No fuss with all the sticky coming off on your hands like with the typical trimming of shade leaves and preparing to dry. I’m hopeful with these things but you never know. However, We will see. :+1:

2 Likes

i removed the scrog from the kush. too many buds were resting against wood. they arent stretching too much and are holding their own weight very well. i am ready with stakes if needed.

1 Like

The kush is looking good. How good are your pruning scissors when manicuring buds? I need something other than regular scissors

1 Like

these are all i use. i love them!

Re wedryer xl. Weed is dry and jarred with boost packs. Drying with leaves made things easier. Manicure in a flash. The smoke was surprisingly good. Smoked the smallest as they were dry enough. The buzz was better than what I’ve been getting from the store bought. High lasted for 2-3 hours and my drinking buddy reported the same. The 2 monsters will finish soon and I’ll have weed for a while. Now I’ll just finish out the cure on this one and while doing the necessary sampling :v:

3 Likes

how long with the wedryer did it take?

1 Like

Sorry about that. It took 5 days. In my opinion. It’s not necessary. I don’t have to worry about smells or stealth though. I have a room that I get the temperature and humidity right and that’s what matters. Otherwise it’s built good.

1 Like