That f’ing Carol Baskin did it again?

Heard a story from Florida. Seems a volunteer from Carol’s tiger place had their arm torn almost off from a tiger. Was life flighted to Tampa general a couple days ago. Hope they are ok, but, they are wild animals! Jeez

1 Like

Ya never got what part of TIGER they didn’t get!

2 Likes

KILLED’ER HUSBAND WACK’ED HIM!!

Yall know the rest. Lol

1 Like

I believe in zoo’s keeping animals, they do alot of good in researching how to help these animals. But people like that Carol have no business keeping them. The woman keeper wasn’t folowing a safe practice, sticking her hand in the cage during feeding time. A butcher that used to live up the road from me had a male lion he kept in the garage when my kids were young. I went to see how safe the animal was kept, NOT VERY. Made me go out an buy a large caliber pistol & rifle. About a year later he wound up having to shoot the animal. Never spoke to him again, what an asshole. Never did need the guns either & hope I never do.

1 Like

File that under “look what the cat dragged in”

1 Like

I ever understood people who didn’t respect wildlife and realize they could never be pets. Or a novelty. If kept in containment they need an enriched environment much like they would have in nature.I never understood how people lived in deplorable situations and could barely feed themselves and having to scavage and find meat for those big animals. Just doing the math on how much they need is mind boggling. If you can’t afford to feed a horse a big cat will break you.

On another note, went down a rabbit hole the other night about fatal snake bite history in USA. (Well the latest National Geographic magazine sent me there.) One guy had over 189 snakes, 84 of which were venomous, and was bitten and killed. Years ago our son had a desert Kingsnake for a pet and we went to this guy nearby who raised and sold mice and rats whole sale to zoos for food to get some frozen mice for the snake. This guy had a room full of eyelash vipers in stacked aquariums, cobras, a mamba, and the run of the mill rattlers. My son put his hand over a large plywood box and this light tan plain colored massively long snake reared up and sort of flared its hood. I pretty much hyperventilated. What I couldn’t see was there was two layers of hardwire cloth at the top. But still, who does that? We never went back. He thought it was funny because a few months before a dog came at us and I immediately, and without thinking shoved him between me and dog. He was 7 years old. Yeah. Mother of The Year award there. He said it was payback.

This link is interesting. A large majority of the fatalities were 100% preventable and a large majority of them are connected with religious ceremonies. As a side note, when I was about 4 my dad was invited to a sacred Hopi Snake Dance on the reservation and took me. I will never forget those guys dancing with rattlesnakes in each hand. He was one of the few white men ever to be invited to attend the ceremony and it has been outlawed. Not to age myself but this was in the 1960s. He has photos of it somewhere.

2 Likes