Thanksgiving 2021 appreciation

Nice. Unless from way back now a days it hard to find couples that been together for so long. Me and my wife were married for 10 in years now been together for 20 have 3 kiddos. She is wonderful all around. Awesome mom and great wife. I could not have asked for better. Sure we all have our off times and argue but it always turns out with a hug and a kiss in the end. Hope u all have a good day. Peace :v::v:

4 Likes

Same, just myself and 2 pups :dog: .:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I grew up during a time where I was about the last of what they considered the baby boomers, but it was my parents that were more in that era. I was born in '58, so I was only 11 years old in '69, the summer of love…rock music was having a profound effect on the kids. Anyway, my parents were divorced when I was about 5 or 6, I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade. My Mom got married several years later, but my Step-Father was a real @$$#O!E, I won’t go down that rat hole. Suffice to say we didn’t get along. My real father smoked weed in the '60s He and his friends would be smoking it in L.A., they told me and my older sister it was Turkish Tobacco. In those days you would go to prison over a roach…thankfully that has changed.

Good that you found a good one also, because so many people end up getting divorced, and a marriage requires quite a bit of compromise to make things work in most cases. Anyone that can hold them together is tops in my book. Good for you, 10 years does show commitment. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks. She is pretty awesome. Yes 10 years is a hell of a commitment. Been together for 20. 3 beautiful babies 4 cats later we r pretty happy lol. Now to find a house on property to complete the happiness lol

5 Likes

20 is even better, you’re over the worst part, which is just being able to compromise to hold it together all that time…sometimes I ponder how it would be without my wife, but it depresses me. So no matter what I always want to try and hold it together. I’m 63 and she’s 61 this year, so I think we’re probably stuck with each other for good! In this case it seems being stuck is not a bad thing. :blush:

4 Likes