Thaitentgrow666

looks very nice, Ill be following along.

Im also about to start growing my own cannabis in Thailand. Im still contenplating weather to grow in a tent or outdoors. The climate should be pretty good all year around, but maybe outside more things can go wrong. Why did you choose to grow in a tent not outdoors? Are there already things you have learned at this point?

3 Likes

Will answer your questions tomorrow for sure :blush:

UPDATE DAY 19

3 Likes

I know this wasn’t a question aimed at me but I can answer it anyway :sweat_smile:

I live in the desert, and my summers are “fine” (90-110°) for cannabis, but because it’s so arid (my current humidity is at an uncomfortable high of 24% outside), outdoor gals need to be watered 1-3 times a day once they hit flower. Probably once a day in veg, unless the pot size was just immovably large (15+ gallons).

Pests, risk of cross pollination from anyone within a 10 mile radius, and overwhelming heat are all reasons I decided not to grow outdoors, even though I am more equatorial than most of the US, and have long daylight hours and favorable grow conditions all the way til the beginning of November. I don’t have several hours every day to prune, pest inspect, and water. :sob:

2 Likes

UPDATE DAY 21
She is going good so far bit she is growing weird somehow. Really irregularly and all over the place is this normal ? When I see other plants growing 2 nodes at a time Mike got 3 than 4 it’s all mixed up somehow. Planning on starting another new grow, still waiting for my other seeds to come.
Made some changes because of the heat issues and gonna move my grow tent into a cooler room + got and 6000BTU AC unit + a second 6 inch inline fan.

Another question can I store my seeds in a box like this just put the box in my freezer or fridge ?
Or better suggestions ?

1 Like

I think wire pulling on plant is reason you feel it’s growing a little differently. That box should work. I use old cedar cigar box and keep it in refrigerator.

1 Like

UPDATE DAY 25
After changing my set up and adjust everything now she is bouncing back and starting to look really healthy seeing daily grow now.
Dropped another batch of seeds into the water and now between Cotton Pads gonna plant them in the next days when they ready to go.

Already learned me lessons and can use this knowledge for the run.

The last of 5 girls left :grin: but i am sure she gonna make it !

4 Likes

Next summer, as you say, these will fix my lung room and tents heat issue.
Saw these while researching ventilation and air movement.

Fan CFM chart from AC-Infin Customer Service (friendly) T6/S6 inline 402CFM max 6-inch fans
I got my math wrong, initially. I can fix in next summer’s grow, lesson learned.

1 Like

Yeah same here i totally underestimated our weather here in Thailand and my room in which my tent was got so hot i couldn’t keep up with 2* 4inch inline and 1*6inch out fan .

So i update to 6inch in + out and an 6000BTU AC unit which is outside my tent just cut a small square into the grow tent and sealed it of.
Now it’s perfect air exchange constantly in a good speed. Cool air blowing in and keeps my tent constant on 25-27 degrees even if it gets 34+ degrees Ina Amy room / outside.
With clip and stand fans as well i got a really nice airflow moving around the tent as well . My plant is now since 2 days in this new set up and she is loving it so much i can see how she really explodes at the moment and looks so much healthier than before .

Thailand, could be very warm, watch out for temp swings. Are you using AC-Infinity Cloudline Controller for protection and monitoring tent temp/RH?

1 Like

Not yet but my temps are consistently now at 25-28 degrees so not much swings and humidity is around 65-70% and gonna turn the dehumidifier on as soon as I move closer to flower stage

1 Like

Someone can help me out just checked the light i am right now at 15 DLI for 18/6 is this alright for the stage where my plant is at or should it be higher ?

[quote=“DMTom, post:91, topic:90668, full:true”]
Someone can help me out just checked the light i am right now at 15 DLI for 18/6 is this alright for the stage where my plant is at or should it be higher ?
[/quote] @DMTom your light?

One or four lights hanging in your 4x4?
MFG specs mention insufficient for (1) light providing flower 3x3
Do you have four lights?

Turn on now and practice operation or DIAL in settings, slowly.

1 Like

I got 4 of the HB 1500 so total of 600W .

@DMTom How did you measure DLI?

Android phone is my method. Tent map attached.
Note - my android phone reads over 800 PPFD outside on sunny day, in May.
I will check if the sun comes out today. Tent map for 1000 meter watts, but old LED equipment.

Your lights specify the following

• 36"-40" hanging height recommended for germination, 24"-36" for seedling, 18"-24" for vegetative, 6"-18" for bloom. * Coverage Recommended: vegetative 4’x4’ and flowering 3’x3’ coverage.
    and
    |Model No.|HB1500| | — | — |
    |Power Draw|150W|
    |Hps Equivalent|600W|
    |Dimension/weight|14.2x14.2x3.1 inches/3.74lbs|
    |Mounting Height|12"-36" Above Canopy|
    |Lighting Coverage|Veg 4’X4’, Bloom 3’X3’|
    |Beam Angle|120°|
    |Input Voltage|Autosensing 100-277V|
    |Dimming|No|
    |Led Source|Samsung LM301H 148pcs 5000k + 148pcs 3000K+Epistar 10pcs 660nm+2pcs 740nm+4pcs 395nm|
    |Par Efficiency|2.5 μmol/j|
    |PPFD|986 μmol @ 12” Vertical Distance|
    |Full Spectrum|3000k/5000/660nm/uv/ir|
    |Package Includes|1 x HB1500 LED Grow Light, 1 x 6ft Power Cord, 2 x Hangers with carabiners, 1 x Adjustable Yoyo Hanger, 1 x Thermometer Hygrometer, 1x User Manual|
    |Cooling System|Passive|
    |Operating Temp|20°c ~ 40°c (-4°f ~ 104°f)|
    |Lifetime|>100,000hrs|

What height did you map from? Distance below light?

1 Like

Measured DLI with the photone app on Android phone .

UPDATE DAY 26
did some more LST Training :seedling:

3 Likes

UPDATE DAY 30
LST TRAINING is working well so far.
Leaf tips are lightly burned any ideas what could cause this ?

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman @Underthestairs @Dexterado @HMGRWN @Aussie_autos

Any idea why tips are starting to look like this ?

Most common cause is over feeding. The excess nutrients are pushed to the tips and burn that area.
What are you feeding over the last week?

Little bit of nutrient burn, it’s not a problem, just keep an eye on it.

Thanks a lot i did some research and i guess it’s because i use this soil and as i saw now it’s a super soil so I guess it’s probably enough nutrients till flower stage .
I gave just a really light feeding mix with
(1ml CalMag 1ml micro 1ml grow 0,5ml bloom per gallon) general hydroponics nutrients.
And gave her only 1l of the feed .
So i stay away for now from feeding her .

4 Likes