Texas growers? Tips

So almost till its ready to harvest rite?

Depends on how long you veg for and how much a particular plant eats. If you veg for 6 weeks, you usually have a couple weeks of nutes left unless she’s a heavy eater.

My plants tend to be massive so they eat a lot. Its not unusual for me to Veg 3 months.

The water you use to water your plants is it regular tab or you give them purified water? Cani buy water from the store to water them?:thinking:

You can. I’d steer clear of distilled. I use tap. My tap ppm is around 250 ppm

1 Like

My water is around 265 ppm but I don’t live in a town. Its not even on the 911 Operator Grid. No emergency services whatsoever. Our water is not regulated by the Texas Water Board. I use a water filter to clear out the chlorine and it works perfectly. I need a new filter finally.

You can use R/O water but you will need to add Cal-mag. I prefer filtered tap water.

So if the ppm is around 250 is ok i live in fort worth texas i have no idea what the ppm of the tab water is here

You can get a TDS meter off Amazon and problem solved. This is my grows with my higher ppm.

I took it on Jan 29th and she is much, much bigger.

Damn!!! Sir! Thats beautiful

Ok so whats the rite ppm ? Or depends

PPM is really important. Especially when it comes to feeding nutrients. But I’m a different type of grower. My theory is Mother Natures doesn’t test for pH, PPM nor anything else like growers do.

I keep it simple by just adding nutrients and that is all. I also grow monster plants. The one is 75” tall. I will also grow plants sideways.

With that said then i will just do purified water and nutrients

Hey fellas is it hard to do the neting whatever its called. You know for them to grow a certain way

Its called SCROG. I don’t do that at all. My body is so fubar so leaning over is like the feeling of being hit by a Garbage Truck.

1 Like

For ppm, this is a basic guideline.

• Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)

• First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)

• Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)

• First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)

• Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)

• End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles leftover)

3 Likes

Ohh ok you said your a vet? Well let me thank you fir your service sir :handshake:

1 Like

You’re welcome…plenty of Vets here as the VA has made it near impossible to get Pain Treatment.

Great info @BobbyDigital on the PPM. :+1:

2 Likes

So i bring ppm by adding nutrients to the water rite

1 Like

Nutrients will raise the PPM up. A lot of nutrients will cause the PPM to sky rocket. I just checked our tape water and its around 285 ppm at the moment.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital thanks for this info. as a new grower, i have no idea PPM was that important. all i’ve been checking on is the pH. just one more thing to learn. again, thanks for sharing this table of info :+1: :v: :ok_hand: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes