Testing the Wedryer XL

You won’t be disappointed. At least I wasn’t. Might just be the best $100 I’ve ever spent on this hobby.

6 Likes

@newt I have my first harvest in the Wedryer xl on day4 and moisture is 15% I plan to put them in grove bags. At what percentage do you make the switch?

2 Likes

Mine come out of the WeDryer at ~12.5, and then into paper bags to sweat them down to a humidity of 62-63%, and then into the groves.

5 Likes

15 at day 4 what is your ambient humidity

2 Likes

It’s 52%

1 Like

I’m on my second Wedryer as per recommendation from Newt, they work great and it was on sale even better. I did have an issue with my fan but it was my bad not the product. What I think is cool if I run with out the filter I have to leave the zippers slightly open or she sucks closed, quiet the draw. Also the Paper bags afterwards helps sweat the buds after Wedryer before Grovebags.

Trying some different ways to dry, also like washing buds before drying I think it makes a difference in the buds.

7 Likes

I’m trying the wedryer for the first time. If you are pulling them out at about 12 percent how long would you try sweating them with the paper bag?

Thanks

4 Likes

I leave mine in the Wedryer until at least 10-11 iIhave been leaving mine in linger they have a tendency to come up in the moisture meters, so go a little longer have been leaving in paper bags for about a week or more try to get numbers stable before Grovebags, every situation is a litte different

2 Likes

I pull mine from the WeDryer around 12 to 12.5%. Then I sweat them in paper bags down to 62% as measured with a hygrometer. And that translates to roughly 10-10.5% with the moisture meter.

5 Likes

Thank you all for the quick responses

4 Likes

Why do you sweat them?

Do I need to swear them if my harvest is going to jars instead of grove bags?

3 Likes

Sweating is a method of redistributing the remaining moisture from deep in the buds so that there aren’t any pockets of moisture that can cause rot or mold. I recommend it whether you are going in to jars or bags. Grove has a good article about it here: grovebags[.]com/sweating-cannabis/

7 Likes

I also have the wedryer xl. It worked very well on my first grow.

I read you need to turn the buds over periodically so they won’t have a flat spot(If that is important to you). Don’t recall reading that in this thread but wanted to pass it along.

6 Likes

Was wondering about flat spots.

1 Like

If you don’t turn your buds over every couple days you get flat spots for me not a big deal I give my extra weed away if you complain about flat spots grow your own

5 Likes