Testing PH with pool test strips

LIKe I said. I could be wrong because;

I am legally blind. I am judging by the odd leaves and thin look of the plant. Maybe those are just pistils and buds but, I think it is growing seeds. Maybe we can get some help from @MacGyverStoner. He has better eyes than me. :slight_smile:

I cannot explain it to you. Looks like 3 fingered leaves. Very spindly looking overall. If the good growers here who can see clearly say it is just a swollen female, then you are OK. I have had beautiful budding plants that started producing seeds and they looked similar to that plant as far as EYE can see. LOL

Happy growing.

3 Likes

@latewood it does have quite few 3 finger leaves mixed in with the 5 finger leaves, is that how you can tell? I’m not even sure how to tell the sexes apart that’s why I posted the pics and asked what others thought. This totally bums me out after all the time and effort spent on this. :confused:

Doesn’t surprise me though cuz this plant has been thru a LOT, it got to hot once on the deck so moved it and nursed it back, then it got hailed on, then my dog dug it out of the bucket and I had to replant it so the stress it’s been thru doesn’t surprise me

@FloridaSon you could be right, I can’t be 100% certain that none of my neighbor’s are growing as well

Took these pics today 09/07/16

because it has male and female parts I
I would get rid of it

I’ve looked over all three of the new photos and don’t see a single indicator of male parts.

In your bottom photo of this last set…is your concern that seed pod looking thing just above the blue twist tie that I see?

If that is what has you troubled, it’s all good. That is the spot that you are watching when you are sexing your plants.

Again, I only see female indicators. The leaf segment issue is either stress or genetics. I lean towards the stress.

Make your own choice, but I say it’s not a hermaphrodite.

Good luck…

3 Likes

I

you might be right just see what it does

1 Like

Thanks everyone for input and advice, I’ve got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best!! :smiley::+1:

That’s a female Sativa strain.I think

1 Like

Awesome photo.

1 Like

1st. I yield to the expert growers helping here that can see the image much more clearly then I can.
2nd Download and read Robert’s free grow bible. This is all explained in the bible.
3rd. Like I said; I have been growing so long that I can tell when one of my plants start producing seeds. Cannot explain it. I just see it. :slight_smile:
Don’t fret over your plant. The general consensus is that it is swollen calyx and not seeds according to our peers in this topic.

2 Likes

I found it in one of Robert’s blogs. :wink:

1 Like

Took this one today 09/10/16 if you see some whitish specks or something doesn’t belong it’s probably saw dust, I cut down a tree today and of course the wind blew some saw dust right on it. Tried blowing and shaking it off but it’s a lil sticky and some of it wouldn’t turn loose so guess gonna a little woodsy flavor to it lol

2 Likes

@Blountville @latewood @FloridaSon @Lovthegro took some more pics this morning, what do you think now? Hermi? Female? Also in your opinion looking at this pics how long do you think before harvest? I’m concerned I may be running out of time before Oklahoma’s first frost. Deer season approaching and figure maybe 4.5 more weeks I have left. I’m afraid I’ll be gone and the frost will come. Also another question about flushing 2 weeks before harvesting means to just quit using nuites right and just use fresh water? TIA

2 Likes

Still looks fine to me. I enlarged the top photo and still see no sign of being a hermie.

If you can’t be there to protect them from the frost, and no one you can trust while you’re gone, I would suggest harvesting early. It sucks, but better than losing it all.

Flushing is done with plain pH’d water. I believe you’re supposed to use twice as much water as the pot can hold, but I would wait for other input on that info. With the help you called for you will get that answer from better sources than me.

I don’t know how long you will be away hunting, but you need to think about the drying process since that will also need to be watched. You don’t want mold issues or for you buds to dry too quickly, or too long.

Looks like you’re in for some good smoke!..

1 Like

@FloridaSon is right! But at the same time, flushing also means do exactly what you thought @Wishbone

In the last two weeks of life you’ll want to only give the plant plain water that is pH’ed to the correct level.

Some people believe flushing isn’t necessary unless there is a problem going on with the plant, @Aquaponic_Dumme has some good info on the subject, if you care to read? :v:

1 Like

Just give me your address and I’ll check on it while your hunting.LOL[quote=“Wishbone, post:33, topic:7002”]
MB
[/quote]

2 Likes

Deer season starts Friday for me! Glad to see a fellow deer hunter on here!

I’m an archery guy myself, I love it :v:

3 Likes

Yall must live up north, I’m in Louisiana and bow don’t open till October 1 . Dove season open but there isn’t to many flying. Hell only shot twice last weekend in 5 hours. Bit we had a lot of fun. And some good smoke , hopefully I’ll have my own home grown by the 1st. At least by the 15 for primative fire.

3 Likes

Ty everyone I’m so relieved that it’s not a hermie after all! If those little pod things are gonna bust open and flower then I think I’m looking at some long thick colas!
@ktreez420 and @Wishingilivedina420state I’m in Oklahoma and bow season here starts Oct 1st but I only hunt bow season very little so that’s not the problem for harvesting, the problem is youth weekend here is Oct 14th and I’ll be taking my son deer hunting that weekend then the very next weekend is muzzle loader season. So I’m planning to harvest Thursday before youth weeken hang up the bids for the weekend with a fan blowing then when I get back on Sunday finish up the harvest before I have to go hunting for muzzle loader season. So million dollar question is do you guys think buds will be alright hanging with a fan for the weekend?

3 Likes