Testing a new germination theory

I figure since oxygen is a big factor for roots why not germinate them in some highly oxygenated water :man_shrugging:t2: Let’s See what happens.

1 Like

My only concern would be the turbulence damaging the taproot.

1 Like

If the seeds are old, it’s worth a shot. New seeds shouldn’t have any issues germinates though. How long are you planning on aerating these? @BobbyDigital has a valid point, what kind of psi I you pushing out of that tube @BRFarming420 ?

I moved it up to the top of the water so the water is not moving at the bottom.

1 Like

Oh it’s very very light psi maybe two psi if that As I have it split up between two different hoses When I do that it barely starts to push air out of them. About 3hrs, It’s enough to get Good amount of oxygen in the water though. If what I think is dates on these bags they are from like 2003!

1 Like

My super skunk seeds are giving me a lot of trouble germinating so far 5 and none yet! Ugh, all of my other ones did not give me trouble, white widow , black widow , Skywalker, well Bruce Banner did pop then stopped I don’t know what happened there. :man_shrugging:t2: I don’t know ,you guys think I should contact them and tell them???

And I know it’s not the way I’m doing it because every last one of these in this picture has been done from seed either cup method or a paper towel!

2 Likes

You may want to research hydrogen peroxide germination, I’ve never tried it though but I know that it’s been done on this forum by some.

Yeah I’m all for it . I like to get all technical with my stuff. Couldn’t hurt since there’re not germinating right now anyways.

1 Like

I just use distilled water in a shot glass with a capful of peroxide. Usually pop within 24hrs

2 Likes

I’ve used the peroxide once and will admit the shell came off on it’s own. Non peroxide germination usually require me to remove the shell with tweezers or by hand

2 Likes