Tent setup 4 plants

Hi all,
I am a noob trying to setup his indoor grow tent and not to do some major mistake as it requires considerable investment. I would be super happy to grow 4 plants in a tent 1m x 1m x 2m. I did some research about lights and I decided to buy LED, but the differences in opinions about how many plants under which light is just confusing. So Ill try to put it simply. Will two of these panels (Amazon.com) be sufficient for 4 plants throughout the whole lifecycle in this growing space? Also, how powerful fan should I use to provide sufficient amount of fresh air for 4 plants?
Thank you:)

1 Like

Those lights are 200 true watts each (+/- 5%), so 400w total. You want 25w-50w true watts per sq. foot.

So…
400w / 25W = 16 square feet
400w / 50w = 8 square feet

Yes, that is enough light. You have about 9-10 sq. feet.

4 plants could get tight. Be prepared to scrog or LST.

1 Like

When you say fan? Are you referring to intake exhaust or blowing on the plants? I have three fans. My exhaust fan is 90cfm but I have a really small grow area.

Welcome to ilgm @stronginthearm I see you’ve been registered for a little bit. There is a ton of info here on the forum. And plenty of good folks willing to try and help you out!

1 Like

Thank you, an answer I was hoping for.

2 Likes

@bob31 Thank you for warm welcome. I am really impressed how quick I got responses.

Yes, by fan I mean exhaustion outlet + providing enough CO2 for plants.

i got just the guy for you. Rubbing up the HVAC Genie in a bottle…

oh @Countryboyjvd1971 could you help out @stronginthearm please oh masterful one!

I shall bow down before his excellence!

lol

hey CB can ya help us out here please! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone another chilly start in ny
Of course I can help there @bob31
Sorry for the late response I’m around should you still need help @stronginthearm

@Countryboyjvd1971 we lived in Rochester about six blocks from lake Ontario and when you say cold it is a different cold than it is here now . Are you upstate ?

we need to figure out the cfm and try to guide him towards a proper venting system sir. Glad to see you could make it this morning @Countryboyjvd1971

and not too cold here this morning I’m near beantown its about 25 this morning @Oldstoner

1 Like

Yeah I’m in Hudson valley near Poughkeepsie if that helps you
Up by the lakes is much different it’s not that bad out actually only 18 degrees this morning :cowboy_hat_face:
Where you at @Oldstoner

1 Like

Ok last time I converted meters to feet I messed up lol
Give me a few min to do the calculations @bob31
Yeah my wife made dinner plans last night so couldn’t play in the sand box with you all lol

Cool bud . Before we moved to N.Y. we always thought Big City hustle and bustle when someone said New York but it is actually a state of much beauty open spaces and everything from beaches to mountains . Love New York . In the Shenandoah Valley now and it is awfully pretty here to

2 Likes

1 meter is about 39 inches if that helps

I figured 4 x 4 feet x 8 feet

1 Like

Ok so @bob31
I would go with something in the 400 cfm range with a speed controller
Maybe something like this speed.control allows you to dial it in

Sorry just a pic can’t post links still hahahaha hope this helps
And if you have passive vents it should draw enough air they your tent or you could install a intake fan as well @stronginthearm

https://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-AH-IF6-CF6/dp/B01A3068MU/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1486298840&sr=1-1&keywords=apollo+if6

i will do the tech, you do the havac, lol

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh sorry to hear that @Oldstoner
I’m sure it not that bad you have a nice spread if I remember correctly you posted a pic somewhere of your back yard look very peaceful which I like lol
Yeah I love this state we have it all like you said
I work in the city and live in the country lots of corn fields around my place :cowboy_hat_face::+1::v:

1 Like

Perfect @bob31 we make a good team lol

2 Likes

Oh no we love where we live now was just saying how much better New York was than we expected coming from the deep south I was born and raised on Clearwater Beach Florida lived there 40 years then moved to lake Ontario and the first winter almost killed my long haired sunburned ass . I was shocked to my core first time I went to bed and woke up to 20 inches of fresh lake effect snow . I was a commercial fisherman most of my life and am pretty friggen weather tough but New Yorkers take that shit to a new level . Nothing stops them lol

1 Like

@Oldstoner
Hahaha ok 10/4
Thats funny brother yeah big difference from Clearwater
A that lake effect snow is no joke we don’t see that by me thank god
Had family in buffalo they constantly where digging out of 2foot snow :-1::-1::-1:
I moved to live in Ft Myers for about 6 months but I’m a NewYorker and missed it so much I came back
Not that Florida was bad it’s just wasn’t for me @ the time
Maybe when I retire but even then I don’t think I would move there permanently snowbird thing ?

1 Like

No brother that is a common sense thing Florida ( At least Clearwater where I grew up ) is really gone to hell in the last 12 years it is getting all cluttered and just dirty looking.Homeless and panhandling are a epidemic now and Meth or Crack houses all over the neighborhood I grew up in . The cops call the Condos my Grandmother lived in Spanish Harlem and go get coffee before they answer a call there . Yeah not the place to retire besides after being in the seasonal region of the country I will never live in a place that is hot 10 out of 12 months I love the mix

2 Likes