Tent poles for a 3x3 tent

Anyone know where I can find metal tent poles for a tent? I was given an ac infinity tent but it didn’t come with poles

2 Likes

You’re going to have a difficult time with that. Maybe ebay? May just need to make your own out of pvc and 8 three way connectors.

8 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Done a ton of research and can find any where to buy poles. Think if I use pvc I’ll die at least 12 3ways for some extra support

2 Likes

That will definitely help with the negative pressure if you’re running an exhaust fan. Obviously the middle supports will require a different 3-way

Haha right, I’ll just use coyote Cody for the mid support

Current girls are doing fine but would love to add a veg tent to the mix

4 Likes

It is nice to just move veg plants to flower once your flowering plants are done. It’s a long wait staring over in a single tent.

3 Likes

It sure is, and I have this ac infinity 3x3 just sitting here folded up. I’ll be getting some three ways and fixing something up. Just don’t want the whole thing to cost more than buying a tent

Pvc is relatively cheap still. The only issue is flex but should be resolved with your mid support.

4 Likes

Yup get some pvc a cutter and some elbows maybe even do an extra middle support at the top( its help with hanging lights too potentially), i suppose you could use copper piping but id be afraid to hang my light from such a soft metal

1 Like

Wooden “dowel rods”? seperate or as "installed "PVC"liner?

1 Like

Issue with the dowel is they don’t make three way connectors and if they’re not treated properly they can introduce mold.

2 Likes

I had some bad ones and missing a couple from up and downs. Go to hardware store. Buy the long pvc 1" or so. Buy 8 3 way joints. 1 down…2 90 degree.cut the pvc into length needed. Assemble. 4 base. 4 top. 4 vertical poles.

If need more sturdy add 1 more bar each wall in center using 4 way joint withh 2 oppose and 2 90.

1 Like

I made a 30x30" light frame from 1" PVC. I did not need a lot of extra support or bracing because it is only to hang 1 light. If I had to hang filter and fan it would have been built differently.
The top has a bar in the middle to have the light. Two Ts make the connections.
This is from Formfit. It shows the different fittings.

1 Like

Vivosun sells replacement poles for grow tents.

1 Like

@CoyoteCody cody makes 3d connectors.
Cant address the mold issue, except treated properly.

1 Like

Thought he just made middle support connectors to add a mid brace.