Tent is to big or the lights are too warm

didn’t think so.
Don’t know

There’s a loophole that needs to be closed for them to advertise that way. And the loophole is “200, 10w leds”. Which is true but if they actually ran each of those 200, 10w leds at 10 watts each, they wouldn’t last a week. Most drive them under 1w each.

1 Like

Led all day long my freind if heat is an issue.
No where near as much heat, and if you only grow 2 plant at a time, a good light want cost to much, but dont go for the bottom stuff, mid to top brands.
Spiderfarmer, and marshydro have some good lights for cheaper, HLG obviously the top brand around here. Ive had great results from my Growers choice Roi-e720, they use there diodes and drives are aren’t the cheapest but work well imho…

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with that light. HLG is recommended a lot around here because of the bang for the buck and the customer service.

4 Likes

Im not sure what brand name your looking at but those are for a 2x2 tent. I would need 8. The dimensions dont work out 15"x9" I could actuall get about 12 in a 4x8. if one of them went bad thats not good.

Yeah I was looking at the spiderfarm lights last night, 1000 bucks for 2 but it would definatly light up a 4x8. I think for now I will just convert my 4x8 to a 4x4, it’s not a big deal won’t cost a thing and when i get the funds I will get the LED’s

3 Likes

A 3x3 tent with ventilation and a hlg 600R spec you can get pound to 1.5 per run

4x8 my main veg tent. I use for flower at times. Light rail. 2 550r boards with hangers for a 3rd. The rails allow for less lights more coverage. If tightning up just use 4x4 of it. 1 400w or so good led. Then can still spread out and get another light later. The plants have been doing well for you because mh/hps are badass spectrums.

So will this LED light provide more or less than my VIPAR R900?.
I run all lighting on max and daily (it seems) re-arrange and water the small guys farther
I will add it in the flower tent with the VIPAR V600.

Which light are you referring to?

The garden grows better with more lights. Half of my lights were manufactured 2-7 years ago.
I have just set up two 4x4x6.5 tents and want to improve efficiency. Budget blown currently.Appreciate advice for 4x4 loading. Liking the rail set-up for expanded coverage.

The vipars are much better lights than that one

2 Likes

I am willing to buy one more light for the grow (Christmas may come early), Appreciate any recommendation under $500.0 for 4x4x6.5. I do like the Vipars, but they are older models.

An HLG 260xl will cover half of your 4x4. You can use your other lights for the other half. It is a serious light and after time you can save up and get one more. Then you won’t have to ever buy another light. Mine have been running almost 4 years non stop and still killing it.

4 Likes

Thanks,I will look at the specs and go from there. I will definatly need differant lights to solve the heat problems.

Appreciate your input, TY

1 Like