Tenga “goddess of the universe” 1st Grow: Outside GDP & PH

Prob some stretch there too. They are outside for 9 to 10 hrs of sun then inside under weak lights. I ordered more lights as soon as I realized what i had was inadequate, but keep getting emails from Amazon " your delivery is delayed." I had my plants an inch away from the lights last night and saw the leaf tip curl down on the plant to the right. Moved my lights up an inch.

1 Like

Sorry if Im over scrutinizing every little thing. But I guess as a noob I need to learn and develop confidence. @Bulldognuts @Stoney1

1 Like

outside

3 Likes

Cassava is another plant that I think will work as a disguise.

3 Likes

@Tenga I’m fully with you on over scrutinizing everything. At least for my part I stumbled into an unplanned grow and now I’m really stressed that the footsteps four weeks have been a disaster. I guess that’s my way of saying that I think you’re in really great shape relative to what I’m doing over here…

Also, thanks for the advice on the domes. I have pulled them inside and am rotating windows as the sun moves… I can manage that as long as I can keep working from home.

:+1::+1:

1 Like

They look good. You’re right about the stretch, not a lot you can do about that now. Stalk looks good,not to thin. FF OF is a good choice to transplant them into. Once you get them transplant and permanently outside you will probably need to start some LST so they don’t get to tall.

@AAA @AfgVet @Amazon66 Hi, I wanted to invite u guys to my journal bec u know outdoor growing (and love sunflowers like me, lol) And also, dayam! U guys are funny af!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Looks like you’re off to a great start. I do love sunflowers but unfortunately I have never done an outdoor grow other than veggies. I’m only on my second indoor grow now.

But I’m set to watching and along for the ride. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you for the tag and I do absolutely love watching sunflowers grow I’ve got seed for them now and trying to figure out where to put them so my husband won’t run over them. I’ve decided to grow zucchini in 2 buckets 2 plants each they’re pretty big I may have to give each their own bucket. This will be my first outside grow but starting them inside now so they will be going into flower about June 21st which I’ve learned is our summer solstice which is longest day of year. If you put out too early it will reveg. Have you started plants yet

3 Likes

We all like to have fun and there are so many grow journals to read I’d tag you into mine but sounds like you’ve already found us and welcome I’m on my 3rd grow and mainly learn from reading journals and asking questions and trial and error and mostly from the help I got from the people on forum. Any questions just ask we will get someone to help us if we don’t know answer. @AAA is one of best outside growers I’ve come across he lives where he gets lots of sunshine and knows how to work it. Happy growing

3 Likes

You certainly have a green thumb Tenga, the plants are very healthy looking.

3 Likes

Hi Amazon! Most of my vegetables and flowers are in pots. But I do have some sunflowers and watermelon in the ground. I put bright lime green seedling pot holders next to them to keep my dogs and husband from trampling them! I have 4 kinds of sunflowrs including Mongolian Mammoth ( grow to 14 ft tall) and Miss Mars- will have red petals! Im starting 2 weed plants inside. Will move them outside in a couple weeks. They already go outside in the daytime. One is granddaddy and the other purple haze. Been walking around singing Jimi Hendrix ever since it popped! Scuse me while I pierce the sky! Ill show u my sunflowers when they bloom. I cant wait. One of them bifurcated into 2 stems! Never saw that before. This is my first weed grow ever. Just found out about the wide spreading odor in flower. Did I mention my neighbor 2 doors down is an Orlando police officer??? Are we having fun yet?

6 Likes

Ty Hellraiser. Im really enjoying the new hobby but have had a lot of pest/mold issues. Hope I dont lose my weed plants to that. But what can u do? Learn from it and keep trying!! (I have 48 more seeds lol)

2 Likes

Is it legal to grow where you are? I’ve had sunflowers one year that were 10 ft tall but that’s the tallest. If you’re putting weed out now you must be in a very sunny warm area. Here in North East Oklahoma we don’t get warm as early. I’m getting ready to scroll up to see 1st of your journal. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love it the vines growing across are beautiful. I’m growing in containers for veggies because I’m soon to be 68 and have a bad back so digging in the ground is hard but I have 25 gal containers for pot plants and 5 gal for zucchini and cucumbers next tomorrow my tomatoes but just a few lol. You’re doing great I’m sure you’ll do good with weed

1 Like

Tell anyone asking that you’ve been seeing alot of skunks running around this year. :joy::joy:

1 Like

In my state they recently legalized the use of medicinal marijuana. Private grows?? Unhhhhh Lets just say Im a woman ahead of her time. :grimacing:

9 Likes

When they legalized medical here with a card I can have 6 big plants,6 small plants and 6 seedlings and since my husband has his card also we can have twice that inside or out. I’ve heard that corn and weed need about same soil you could hide it between rows of corn.

2 Likes

Tenga, Actually you can do quite a bit in prevention to try to avoid pest problems, preventative treatment. I spray my outdoor plants weekly alternating with neem oil and azamax. Keeps most pests away and can help with certain type of molds and fungus as well.

2 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser!! I will certainly do this. Neem oil and I are already good friends but I hadnt heard of Azamax. I just read about it on Amazon. Sounds like its really effective. Can u recommend a ppm tds meter by any chance?

1 Like