Temputure and humidity to high?

The temp in my tent is between 75and 84, humility around 35 to 50. My soil the seedlings are in is damp a inch or so down, but need to spray bottle 2 to 4 times in 18 hrs to raise the humidity. I am in northern New England and highs are around 65, so I have fan blowing cool air into my tent room and the ventilation pulls that in to knock down heat. I’m worried that temp is to high and humidity is to low. NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

1 Like

Welcome @Cheftodd420 . I think your temperatures are good at 75-84 and also the humidity at 35-50 . Don’t spray bottle the soil to raise the humidity . You don’t want to over water your seedlings . I would use a room humidifier outside the tent to bring it up. If you haven’t done so already I recommend downloading the Grow Bible and Plant Care from ILGM and read , read, read . It helped me a lot . Click on Guides up in the right hand corner and read some more . lol . If you ever need help with other growing questions this is the place .

3 Likes

OH YA! Ive printed the bible and every guide i could find on this outstanding site.

I was just spraying the sides of the tent to try and raise humitity. Not much success in that. Im just afraid that my buddy who germenated these mystery seeds was feeding them ff once a week so im thinking that these seedlings are at least 3 weeks old so im worried that he stunted them. One has yellow leafs growing out of them. Idk cause all 4 are different seeds. Just being over cautions i guess.

Right idea, wrong scale. You said seedlings right? get a dome. cut the top off a 2l bottle, spray inside of that to keep humidity up.

6 Likes

Ooohhhh that makes perfect sense. Thanks

1 Like

Pics help. How far along are the seedlings?

1 Like

Right on, If they are too big for a bottle, some other dome option might still work if they are small.

2 Likes

If they are 2 big for a 2l bottle they’re prob ok. Have U got a pic?

1 Like

Welcome @Cheftodd420
I agree temps aren’t bad humidity can be a bit higher but isn’t horrible

1 Like

1 Like

You can actually get a pack of the clear solo cups and tape them in place as a dome.

3 Likes

I have a ton of clear poweraid bottles that should work perfectly.

2 Likes

The taller the better, just so they have more ‘environment’ and it won’t need attention as frequently.

Thanks Whodat66 much anxiety is put to rest! getting on that project today.

1 Like

I keep mine 75 to 80 f and humidity at 45 to 50 during veg, flower I drop humidity to around 40 I use a dehumidifier portable a/c and electric heater to manage temps with a thermostat. I just switched to flower 4 days ago. Unfortunately it won’t let me load pics says they are too big.

here is one pic it let’s me load

How do i monitor humitity in the doom, can it be to hi. Or water plants add doom then heat make the humidity. Right?

1 Like

The soil at this stage should be dry, and you don’t really need to monitor the specific humidity - just maintain a mist on the inside of the dome. When it starts to dry, spray the dome again - not the plants or soil

Again thank you for your help.:hugs:

1 Like

Some strains are more finicky than others about humidity, but as a rule of thumb, high during veg, low during flower.