Temps 64°- 70° is this ok? No choice

So my tent is staying between 64°-70° this should make flower take a little longer? Also I have this auto that is compact and seems tucking is really working well to expose bud sites. Wondering how this looks? Using a ffof mix and FF trio. Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome. I’m in Alaska so I know about colder temps. I’ve grown outside down to 50 degrees, thats when my photo period plants start wilting, Most of the summer averages about 60F/65F and they excelled. It’s now 20F so i grow indoor in a back room and tent. 64F as a low is fine as long as it rises during the lighting period. If you extend the lighting period the heat will likely go up. You will be fine. Plants adjust to the colder temps and might take a couple weeks longer overall. Some indicas will excell. Good luck

7 Likes

Thank you

Thats where my temps usually sit with my autos and they always do fine. Thats why I’ve been running most of my grows during the fall and winter. I have more problems in the summer trying to keep the temps down.

4 Likes

Everybody situation is a little different but I feel like plants will be fine. Good luck :v:

1 Like

You’ll be fine. One suggestion, is get a bigger light. The purchase will pay for itself in 1 or 2 grows!

2 Likes

It’s not in the tent with the light. I don’t know if you were going by the light you see that’s a just a house plant grow light or if you are saying in general better light is just worth it? I have a decent light right now but bday and Christmas are very close so hoping to get a second light of the same so🤞.

1 Like

Do you have any grow logs I could browse since doing first autos? Thanks

The reasons I was saying get a bigger light are better grow all around and more heat for your space.

3 Likes

Let me browse back. I think I did a grow log on my purple kush auto

For me, 64F was about the max bottom level where my indoor autos were not stressed.

Since it’s in an unfinished basement, I was able to tap into an above head heating duct and run a 3" insulated hose down to my tent and feed it in in the bottom.

It raised the average temperature by about 10 degrees which made a big difference in their growth.

You can see the metal hose coming in at the bottom center of this picture.

3 Likes

Here is a link. I also submitted to BOM Nov 21

2 Likes

Ok that makes sense didn’t think that way thanks. I actually running lights at night to help heat up a little. Those meanwell driver’s can make some heat

2 Likes

My temps are currently 66-78F. Plants seem to like it so far. Better than 75-90F. Ask me how I know?

3 Likes

Lol I know because this summer I went throught tent temps 90°-72° this summer. I live on a high plains desert

1 Like

I am new as well. The first grow I had in my conservatory and fried the buds. Now inside the unfinished basement at 66-70F and they seem to be growing remarkably well. Just starting to make buds. I am hoping this works and are in the same boat with you.

4 Likes

My grows are typically ~64F in the Winter. Never had a problem with it, though it is pushing the lower boundary of ideal.

3 Likes

Indica strains apparently do better in cooler temps than sativas from what i’ve read. I think indica strains were developed more in the cooler hemispheres.

I’m currently growing 1 Blue Dream auto in temps similar to yours with no detectable issues. Good luck with your grow! :potted_plant::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Cool thanks all. I have 2 girls weeks from harvest just seemed to have slowed way down. Pistils everywhere but just the tips are browning but not curling tight against bud. They also were started this summer so well into flower by cold temps. Good to know and I prefer indicas and that is what I’m growing atm