Temporary trash bag cover?

So I have a contractor coming by our house tomorrow and I initially thought they wouldn’t need to be in the same room as my grow… I was wrong.

Question for you all. I need to hide my 11 week old auto, which is well along into flower and super smelly. I do have a bathroom inside a room where the contractor won’t need to go. Can I cover it there with a trash bag, then put a large trash can over it and run a carbon filter in that room for ~6-7 hours without any ill effect?

3 Likes

I would try to put in something structural, then inside a bag. That way the plastic is not up against plant material.

Say, cardboard box, then bag, then trash can.

3 Likes

Make something stinky in the kitchen. Cinnamon rolls are nice

3 Likes

May i suggest cooking about a pound of bacon in the oven? That smell will override anything around.

5 Likes

And then offer them some…

4 Likes

Haha. Well… I don’t think the bacon smell would work the entire time he’ll be here. Will definitely light a candle we use on occasion so it won’t seem outta place.

I’ll try to put the plant on a bag, put a large plastic trash can over that and wrap the bag up over the can. May put a small fan in the trash can so the air moves.

Not sure how well this will keep the smell down though.

Will it be a problem with the lack of air exchange for 6-8 hours?

Do you know someone who has a ferritt or weasel as a pet you could borrow or rent?
Or adopt a bunch of cats,

2 Likes

Pet skunk perhaps?

Bring it to me. I will take care of it. XD

For real though, 6 - 7 hours no fresh air… I think it won’t like it, but would probably be fine. But I’m still new so don’t trust me alone!

1 Like

When he gets there spark one up right before he comes in. He’ll likely want to partake and if not he’ll just assume the odor is from this

2 Likes

Do ya think he’ll care? He might be ripped when he gets there.

2 Likes

They have weed scented candles avail to burn also. Would make a good talk candle also to find out if the contractor gets down with the wacky backy too

2 Likes

Don’t mess up your plant because of a contractor put it in the bathroom in the spare room and lock the door then cook a cake or something

2 Likes

My only concern would be humidity

1 Like