Temperature question room

The motor is what warms up. What kind of fan is it?

1 Like

Anything runs is heat anything. I took my scrubbers off a long time ago hinders air flow so does flex pipe I use smooth walled piping mostly. Still use insulated flex pipe between air hoods imma change that out when I get up some more testosterone lol

Like Bobby said might be the blower. Copper windings heat up put out heat.Never noticed heat with mine but in a small tent might make the difference I dunno. I insulate all my ducting personally…I run a few scrubbers in rooms to filter the air is all I don’t use them for intake or exhaust.

1 Like

Its a small 4 inch vivosun. Doesnt feel hot so i dont know… i thought if anything it would be cooler in the room.

I have a growneer that I used to use, which I think vivosun may have bought out, and it is oddly powerful for a 4” fan. Do you have a speed controller on it?

No speed controller this is the one i have VIVOSUN 4 Inch 195 CFM Inline Duct Ventilation Fan Vent Blower for Grow Tent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7S46YZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_VcFTFbR7YNX5J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Even then for it to go up 3 degrees is weird.

@RandyMarsh that’s why I had to get a 6 inch system. I don’t remember my temps going higher with a fan on but I just couldn’t keep it down with my 4" I power. I had my exhaust on the bottom and I put a hook above the door which I hung up a box fan blowing into my closet but only had to use it during the hottest days

1 Like

Can buy round R-8 duct wrap insulation I’d try that personally and 6” blower I see some using 8” but I wouldn’t think that wouldn’t be warranted in such a small grow space like a tent ( could be wrong :scream:) Just a thought @RandyMarsh …If you try everything just something else to try…You’ll get er!

1 Like

What are the conditions of the actual room that you have your tent in? My tent likes 80 so to get it to 70 I keep the room at 60 that gives me a internal tent temp I want.

1 Like

I dont use a tent just the closet because im using the AC Vent. I really only have this fan so i can use a carbon filter to filter out the smell. Well the room is 76 but the closet averages 80.

1 Like

Thats true. Eventually ill find a solution that works through trial and error haha

1 Like

Ok closet setup might ask @Dennis62 , I am following his current grow journal and he has always used a closet set up so he may be better equipped for your situation.

2 Likes

Air exchange, you need to get a fan on the outside of the closet and point it into the closet or a 6" inline with filter if you’re worried about the stink

Edit = one more lower temperature in the room that connects to the closet to 72

1 Like

Yes but im using an inline fan with filter thats inside the closet that is pointing out the closet

Yeah that’s right, but you need to find a way to increase the airflow into the closet. So if you get a regular fan and blow some of the cooler air from the other room into the closet. Leave the inline fan blowing out you will have air blowing in and out

1 Like

I see. Itll be a good idea to just get another fan too lol.

1 Like

@RandyMarsh yeah but it doesn’t have to be a hundred dollar fan go to the store and pick up a 25 dollar one and use it to push some cooler air into the closet when the temperature goes up with the inline still blowing out. :+1:

3 Likes

Definitely hot because of the light mostly. My AC vent seems to be working fine for basic oxygen intake because the AC is set to 76 and finally switching from a 23 hour light cycle to 18/6, the temp with the lights off is 76. If temps get over 80 with the light on i think ill do a 6 on 1 off cycle like someone mentioned earlier.

Got that in yeesterday works awesome. Only thing seemed quirkie it won’t let me calibrate it unless it’s close and says I have to turn on Bluetooth which it is on :man_facepalming: Haven’t put in flower room as of yet but working fine at around a 100’ as of now. Thanks!

1 Like