Temperature question room

@neofirebird I saw those that’s one of the ones I looked at. Grow rooms are probably around 100’-110’ away from my house and then the building is block and after revamping this whole building the wall thickness is 15” thick after insulation and stud walls So was trying to come up with something that would transmit that far. House is brick as well. Was trying to figure out a blue tooth extender to make it transmit that far. Emailed that place yesterday to see if they had software for a pc and they don’t just a phone only. If I can get it to transmit through both buildings walls and 100’a110’ I’d be good :thinking:

1 Like

So update. Temps dropped to 81 after turning off my exhaust fan. Ac is set to 76 so considering the closet being filled with plants i figure its not bad. Still looking to get cooler temps with light on so i could close the door. I currently have a carbon filter hooked up to the fan. Think maybe itll be best to leave the carbon filter by itself and detach the fan?

When you were growing in your closet, did it have a vent? Also what were your average temps in there?

I actually still have one stubborn bitch in my closet she’s refusing to ripen but still adding fat so I haven’t kicked her out lol. My closet is a walk in half is like 10x 2.5 the other half is 2.5 x 6 I have a lite rope running the length that cuts it in half with a sheet covered with mylar separating the sides. In the 6’ side is where I grew lights hanging from the ceiling walls also covered of course. On the other side I started with a 4 inch inline fan with filter and ran the duct out the door which caused negative pressure and air to be sucked back in the door. I had to switch to a 6 inch fan in order to bring temps down it worked fine just not as well as I wanted. My temps were different at different times of the year but I was able to keep it under 85 but even with my lights I had to run an electric heater in the winter especially when lights were off. I grew in there for two and a half years and just decided to try a tent :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::evergreen_tree::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I looked for some pics of the side with the fans but I guess I didn’t want to remember it lol here’s a couple pics one is just show off the grow I just cut but the other is of my new setup minus one light because it’s in the closet with the bitch I was talking about earlier

2 Likes

Oh nice man. I was thinking about having a tent and putting in my closet for temp purposes. Looks like you yeilded nice in the closet though! What was your average temp in your closet with lights on?

I tried to keep it under 85 f in the middle of summer when it is 105 f outside it would get hot enough that I would dim my lights for a while in the afternoon. I live in the desert and we use evaporative cooling systems not A/C it is not as efficient so my house gets up to 78 f + - when it’s over 100 f outside. Our temps get close to 110 true temp not adjusted feels like crap here. I ride a HD and it’s like riding straight into a giant blow dryer lol

2 Likes

Oh wow lol. Yeah this is my first harvest and i feel i spent more than i thought i would on everything but seeing your pics i think i should be fine at 81 while my
Doors are open lol. Btw, what are your thoughts on a carbon filter just laying around alone and not connected to an exhaust fan?

A filter will only work with a fan, air has to be drawn/pushed through the charcoal for it to work. If you have used a filter with airflow in either direction you shouldn’t use it the opposite way you will blow out the particles that are embedded in the filter

3 Likes

I figured i would need it connected to an inline fan to suck all that out and exhaust it through the other end. Makes sense. Issue is with that on temps go up 3 degrees. Im guessing it’s because hot air is blowing. Not sure why its hot. Its pointing out the door so not sure why its causing an issue

@anon47338222 im running my tent at 77 to 79 with rh at 60-65 in veg plants seem to be loving it and praying to ganja gods. I also run co2 bag as you seem in my pics. All plants are thriving. Gl. Hope we can collaborate during our grows to compare and help each other good lock alway fellow growmee

1 Like

Nice set up my fellow growmee. Stay high smile always

2 Likes

Yeah RH I’m ok with some anyway in veg but not in flower…Co2 works good when higher heat issues. I haven’t started that yet I have what I need minus a 75-100 gal tank the one I have is only 20 but think that would work good for a tent. When I do get into the Co2 in flower only going to run it for the first three weeks of flower…Takes a lot of Co2 for my room size but after calculations won’t be to bad if I’m only running it for the first 3 weeks…Once I get the tanks which is the real cost the refill price isn’t bad really…

1 Like

Pounds not gallons :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

Bought this one we shall test this out.

1 Like

If you switch to 18 try and run a 6on/ 2off cycle. This is what I run in veg to help keep temps down, especially in the summer.

1 Like

Thats actually a good idea. Heres the weird thing though. Tell me what you think. Im growing in my walk in closet with a vent. I also have a carbon filter in the closet. What im about to tell you is what i get when the fan attached to the carbon filter is off. With the closet closed i average 82 degrees. It never changes throughout the day even after the end of my light cycle. With the door open i get the same thing except 80 is my average.

Now, when the fan attached to the carbon filter is on, the temperature goes up at least 2-3 degrees. Doesnt matter if the closet door is open or closed. The air blowing out of it isnt hot so i dont know what is causing this. The exhaust fan is pointing out of the closet. Any thoughts on this?

1 Like

The filter causes the fan to lose some cfm. Less CFM= less heat extraction. Essentially its like turning down the fan when you attach the filter.

2 Likes

Sorry, I read your last question wrong. I think your additional heat may be coming from your fan.

1 Like

Yeah it has to be. Im just confused on how. I mean its cool air its blowing