Temperature at night

okay so my question is maintaining a constant temperature in my 4’×4’ tent im keeping a steady 72* f
18/6 light schedule on bruce banner autos .
Does my temperature need to drop when lights off or is it okay to maintain constantly.?

2 Likes

Welcome to answer your question does your temperature need to drop NO. Most people including myself will have a temperature drop between lights on and lights off. My lights on usually around 78 or 79 degrees lights off with drop down to room temperature from where I’m pulling my fresh air from. And this can vary a little from Summer grow to Winter grow. Good luck

3 Likes

I generally do everything I can to keep my conditions as consistent as possible although one down side is I never really get some of the beautiful colors that exposure to cold causes. Like this pic I can’t get that color without a little risk.purple-kush

4 Likes

I have been tempted to expose mine to the outdoors for short periods to see if I can trigger the change but alas I admit I’m afraid.

2 Likes

My daytime temperature cycles between 77 F and 84 F during lights ON (lights are primary source of heat).
Night time temperature drifts down to 68 - 70 F (ambient outside the grow room where makeup air comes from).

I don’t know if there is a benefit to keeping the day and night temperature the same versus being lower at night. I let it drift down because that is normally what happens in nature plus it would take additional electricity to keep the lights OFF temperature near 80 F.

Late in flower I will normally drive the night time temperature down to the low 60’s.

4 Likes

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

@SKORPION all about genetics friend.
Check post 310