Telling a male from female seed(salmon river OG)

Hey everyone I have a question maybe some of you can help me out with… I picked up some salmon river OG yesterday And as I was checking out the buds I found 3 really great looking seeds in the batch. Now I have a decent amount of new seedlings just breaking through soil and id love to germ these seeds I found but I also don’t want to destroy my girls if the ones I found are not female. Is anyone familiar with the strain I found the seeds in? Its a pre-98 bubba kush Clone with a blue heron male just not so sure how to tell, I know some people have told me to plant them and I’ll be able to tell the difference sometime after the break soil… any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated

Actually have found more than just 3 seeds and they all look great just wanted to know if anyone has even had this strain and found seeds in it… is there any other way to tell instead of waiting for them to break soil and having to wait and check them out… I recently put up a greenhouse and trying to have a really nice grow this summer and would be awesome if these seeds were female and could go in the GH with all my other girls

1 Like

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it! I’ve searched so many questions and different ideas and never saw anything like that, very helpful though. Thank you :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

Never seen anything like this. I think you might be able to see that seeds are viable or not if they are too malformed, but I really doubt you can tell the sex. The shape of the seed is controlled by the parent, which is always female! You are welcome to try, of course. Let us know how that works out for you.

Most of us just buy feminized seeds or raise clones, then watch the flowers when they appear. It’s very easy to tell their sex then and you have plenty of time before males produce pollen. BTW, the correct term is “hermaphrodite”, not “morphodite”. And seeds can’t be hermaphroditic because they only have one pair of gender genes, either male or female. Female plants sometimes turn hermaphrodite because of stress like too much light during their dark period during flowering.

2 Likes