Tell me what you would do differently

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing fantastic out there. So. I’m on my second week of flower in my 4x4x7 tent. I have one unknown genetic bag seed very strong plant and more vigorous and speedy growth than bought genetics. The other plant is proper genetics bought. Skittles cake x gelato. Nice plants. I’m growing in coco loco it’s a coco blend that’s got some stuff in it but it wears off pretty fast. I use tap water that I let sit for 24 hours or more. No bubbler
(I’m looking into getting one though) I am In 2 weeks In To THE 12-12 schedule. so I’ve switched to using THE flora flex B1&B2 PH 5.9-6.1 I usually keep it 6.0 though. If I change PH I use Nectat of the Gods ph up and down. Very good stuff and plentiful, I got 2 of the mushroom c02 bags although Idk if they work or not as I haven’t figured out how to set my exhaust fan yet. I have 4 clip on hurricane fans in my tent also. 2 at the top facing down. One about the hight of the top of my pots and the other is slightly above the canopy . My temps are mid to high 70s with lights on and mid to low 60s with lights off. My rh @thia time in flower is 49 little high but. I been feeding them a lot. I might do a good defoliation. I want to I just don’t know where yo start honestly. I don’t wan to hurt them. I love them I veged them for 64 days I topped many times. And trained them well for my first full indoor grow. Thanks for reading and checking out my grow yo. Peace :v: .

3 Likes

Forgot… using HLG550 with the HLG30 UVA strip that attaches to the center of the 550 and works together supposedly. Idk haven’t flowered out with it before. It’s doing it’s thing so far. Only light I’ve used before this was a viper spectra which I grew Killer buds with it can’t say I didn’t. But yield was low and they was just very lightweight. Pictured below is viper spectra light buds. Expensive and good genetics though. Might change things a little. Idk. Still light

2 Likes

Looks killer to me.

Im not sure if its your birthday or ILGM anniversary, but happy either or both!

1 Like

I usually wait until I’m about 3 weeks into actual flower (not the 2 week transition) and start removing older fan leaves. They are pretty easy to identify. You have plenty of light and I would assume you are hitting your DLI handily.

CO2 bags are a waste of time. The only real way to do CO2 is in a closed system with a fairly high partial pressure and NUKE them with very high intensity. Better to make sure you have good air exchange going on. Sometimes a balancing act as temps in the winter can be tough to maintain.

2 Likes

I’m titling no messin round. Hehe they look good.

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

Thank you my friend. 36 years in this planet 24 with Mary

2 Likes

Birthday was yesterday :pray:

2 Likes

@123Rosie This was produced with a Viparspectra PAR600 Light. I got 3.32 oz dry.

Now my GSC Beast had 3 months under the same light. Then switched to HLG 260xl Rspec x 2 light kits. I got 8 oz dry.

1 Like

@mrpeate that’s dope bro. Looks amazing. You think the hlg did that much better or wht im flowering under the hlg 550 now viper is for the vege untill I get new vege light.

@123Rosie My new plants have only been grown under my HLG 260xl Rspec x 2 kits. It blows my Viparspectra’s out of this universe. I don’t even use my Viparspectra since switching.

My one plant is going crazy as if it was on steroids. I’m going to grow only 1 plant next cycle to see how big of a plant I can grow.

2 Likes

I want to do that also. I’m a little mad at my self this time. I wanted to go In To bigger pots but I got busy and than I flipped em to 12 - 12 so I am gonna just keep them I. The 5 gallon buckets they’re in. Because they are a descent size any way and it’s only my first full indoor grow really. I’ve grown before though and I’ve grown with friends and I just finished a plant from second week of flower to harvest but this is my first real deal indoors with all my own gear in my place my seeds. No one else’s shit. So I’m on my own over here. And I want to go to ten gallon pots I see lots of ppl doin that with great results.

1 Like

Yeah there isnt any point in pussy gassing its bottle time! Or a CO2 generator. Combined with higher light output than normal too! It really isnt worth it for most of us. As a medical first responder ive been on more than one call where people were sick as dogs from CO2 poisoning. Its no joke! It displaces oxygen and can seriously mess up your blood chemistry. I urge you folks to know wtf your doing when pumping high levels of gas into your house!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I gave the bags a try. I don’t care to go any further with the cO2 in my house lol. Thanks for the words of warnings my friend but I’m already aware of the dangers of c02 but you didn’t know that and I appreciate people reaching out like this because what if I didn’t and I had a big ass can of c02 I was waiting for the weekend to hook up. Lmao I might not of made it back to work on Monday hahahaha for real though. I appreciate you. I do need some help as to where to start with trimming my girls down. Getting in to the 3rd week of flower over here now. Looking forward to this. My last harvest went well quality wise but yield I’m afraid I got about an ounce and a half a plant in a 2x2 with a viper spectra. So I’m hyped for this harvest. Need all the tips and pointers and advice I can get. Keep
Em coming please. And any tech advice I need too I don’t know any growers and I’ve never done this before. this way. I’ve grown in my yard for fun always bullshit buds never like the tent.

2 Likes

@MrPeat Do you credit the improved yield to the Rspec, or was there something else different about the grow?

@MidwestGuy I have kept my Grow technique the same aka watering, nutrients and what not. I used to run this.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-PAR600-600W-Grow-Light/dp/B0789FP1N3/ref=sr_1_16?crid=28Y59IVIWWE47&keywords=viparspectra&qid=1576281738&sprefix=Vipar%2Caps%2C226&sr=8-16

It produced a 60” plus tall GSC with a yield of 8 z’s dry. About half the flowering cycle was under that light and my 2 HLG 260xl Rspec kits.

I personally feel the HLG does better simply because it’s so much brighter. Also on my Viparspectra I ran all 3 different light settings. The Rspec part should help you grow with better results if I understand it correctly.

2 Likes

I’ve had my first Rspec up for a few weeks now. I was previously running something that was a lot like the VIPARSPECTA. My plants are only 6-weeks old now, but I’ve definitely noticed a difference since switching. Being able to adjust them is very helpful too.

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy I had to turn down my lights because the plants have gone from 0 mph to Mach 7 in a pretty short period.

1 Like

I use the exhale bags and they work decent compared to the TNG bottle. Using a burner or pumping straight in is obviously the best and you can easily hit the 1100 ppm mark and up. Anything past 1500 ppm’s imop is a waste. With one bag in my tent my CO2 levels stay above 800ppm all verified using a CO2 meter. My tent is passive so the CO2 can sit in there for awhile, tent doesn’t get exhausted until it hits 82F and that might be once during lights on, or if I open the tent. Many people say the bags are useless but many are saying what others have said and take that as gospel. You only have so many options available for CO2 and a complete burner system or just pumping it in can cost a few hundred or more, while a bag is $40 and lasts 5 months minimum. It also depends a lot on your space 3x3 or 4x2 with two bags, pretty solid.

2 Likes

I have 2 bags hanging in my tent. I’m on say 24 of flower. I’m feeding floraflex nutes been raising the ppm as I did not like what I seen so now I’m happy kind of. They was looking peeked lol 4x4gro hlg550 rspec day time temps 72-75 ph 6,0 EC 2.1 mammoth microbes recharge and got the hlg 30 uva bar hooked to my hlg550. Keeping a negative pressure in my tent got a 6inch ac infinity set up fans on 8 out of 10 all the time. I also have 4 clip fans in there 3 around the canopy and one above my light blowing down on the light. The other three are spread I got one each per plant basically.

2 Likes