Tell me if To trim

Or not to trim??

1 Like

Hi! And welcome!
They sure are bushy little suckers!
I’d be training/ spreading before trimming. See how she responds - but you do want to open them up a bit.
Looking healthy!

2 Likes

You can trim the fan leaves in conjunction with some low stress training.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been attempting to train her all along… I accidentally snapped her main shout and surprisingly enough it was hollow… I kind of fixed her using tape and syrup (all I had lol)
I will get a few close ups when I have lights on in there again. Here is her step sister

1 Like

They can certainly take a beating - and they respond stronger.
Try to avoid trimming while in veg - unless the leaves are sick or damaged - they need the leaves to soak up the light. You should tie some of those branches down - put them where you want them. That will open them up a bit. The horizontals really muscle up once topped and on the rebound.
Show 'em who is boss! :v: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

2 Likes

If the plants get super dense like that, its ok to thin it out a little. Pluck some fan leaves out all over the plant. You will stop mold or mildew before it starts.

1 Like

Did I FIM these right?
Uploading: 20200819_0045367591849095278923543.jpg…

1 Like

That looks pretty right. You can’t really be certain if it has worked - or or it’s actual effect for a few days,
That is my observation from one attempt :crazy_face: :rofl: :v:

Yeah I have done this before and it seemed to work? Lol idk. Any pictures I showed my buddy who also grew he said “holy shit look at those tops” so I’m guessing it worked Haha.