Tell me about jacks nutrients please!

Can I use cal mag instead or does epson salt provide something else or is it just cheap?

1 Like

You would be putting cal in twice. Just use the Epsom salts. The Jacks already puts in the cal in. Don’t make it difficult, it works!

1 Like

Im glad @dbrn32 could clear up what i was trying to say lol. Id have to agree with @Audiofreak freak i see no issues changing over during flower

1 Like

this should answer most of the questions about why

2 Likes

See my comment above. Calmag and epsom ARE NOT interchangeable for same result. You can use calmag with jacks but you shouldn’t need to. Jacks 321 recipe provides all required micro/macros from the 3 different blends mixed. Depending on grow method used could maybe justify adding some other stuff, but plants can grow healthy without anything else.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 i was wondering if i could pick your brain or anyone elses here who might know what issue im having here. Feeding jacks 321, recharge 1x a week, and silica. This looks to be a potassium problem but im not sure how to combat that. I upped my silica from 6ml to 8ml per 5 gal but im thinking adding more part a would help too as it has soluble potash. Its only on like 4 of 17 plants too

1 Like

Have you taken a look at runoff compared to input? Also, are these in coco?

I havent checked individual runoff as they all basically runoff to the same pan. I havent checked runoff at all tbh lol. Input is 1300-1340. About half gallon or more of the 5 gal res is tap to hold ph stable. Ill try and get a runoff check on the affected ones tonight. Only adding silica to the jacks 321 recipe. They are in canna coco bricks rehydrated in jacks 321 and mixed with earthworm castings

1 Like

Your input seems a little high, wonder if maybe this isn’t causing your issue. When i mix following recipe in distilled comes out to be about 950ppm. From there i dilute some potassium silicate in water and use this solution as my ph up. But still never really gets much over 1000 ppm.

Coco can also cause problems with cation exchange. Drying out, not enough calcium, or too much potassium can all be an issue. If you don’t see something obvious i would probably try a mini flush and reset close to base nutrients.

Ok, I’m going to throw a completely different alternative out there that’s easier, cheaper, and effective. I use happy frog mixed with perlite and fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3 per the instructions on the package. Then top dress with the fruit and flower after about 6 weeks. Then once a month after that, and that’s it other than ph’ing the water. I also mix some worm castings in when I’m filling my pots. I also use a little bio thrive bloom during flowering. Just because I have it, I add a little cal mag every once in a while, but not sure if it’s necessary. My buds turn out great. My current grow.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 ill tag you in the topic so im not cluttering this post up

2 Likes

Girls look great @Dexterado . I’ve actually been considering switching to this type of growing method as I would love to go completely organic.

It’s all good brother I don’t mind

2 Likes

I’ll never go back to mixing up a bunch of stuff again. Not to mention you can easily reuse the soil saving more money. I chased snake oils for a long time, and sometimes you end up creating your own problems.

1 Like

Yeah I just spent half my Saturday changing the water out of my individual dwc buckets and mixing bottle nutes little in and a little out, no fun. Im not doing hydro anymore , certainly not without a reservoir. I am also switching to jacks and I feel like these two switches will freee up my weekends and bring more joy to growing. Coco medium and jacks nutrients should hopefully do it.

Girls are looking good though .

2 Likes

I also run GH nutes, are you not happy with them, or just feel like a change or want to compare? :sunglasses: