Teaming with Fungi - excerpts from the book

As I come across what I see as good info I will post.
additional screen shots will be added as I read the book.
This book and the Authors 2 other companion books are available for free to those who have amazon kindle subscription.
Hope this helps.

![image|666x500]

We cannot allow you to publish an entire book of copyrighted material. We left the cover, and one page showing an excerpt.

Jeff Lowenfels was supposedly contacted about your post, and although I kbnow him personally; I have not been able to reach him, but a member flagged tghis and I had to edit the book out of this post. If it had actually been excerpts and not the entire book, We may have left the post in tact.

Just so you know, lw ! admin

11 Likes

Sounds like a good read will be watching

Finished the book. Will be reading his 2 other books.

This symbiotic relationship between fungi Mycorrhizae and plants reminds me of the Movie Avatar…

7 Likes

Here is a product I found that contains Funneliformis Mosseae which was referenced in the Fungi book (above) forming a symbiotic relationship with the roots of the hemp plants.

I am planning on using this for all of my growing from seed germination or clones, transplanting and soil preparation/mixing.

Mycorrhizae Rules! Lol

HAGD

6 Likes

Powerful video

3 Likes

Have you used these spores yet and at what ratio is it recommended? Also I have a concern as to storage, at what temperatures do these Mycorrhizae degrade? As my concern is two fold how do I know they have been handled properly prior to arrival, how does one store the excess?..Thanks

I have used them. As long as you get from a reputable manufacturer you should be fine.
There are granular (put them in soil when transplanting under root ball) and powdered (dissolve in solution and water or put in container at root zone ) forms

https://www.downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/biological-products/soluble-root-growth-enhancer/

Take a look here @Chungo

2 Likes

Short and informative video…

https://www.downtoearthfertilizer.com/garden-guide/dte-tv/planting-with-mycorrhizae/

1 Like

Here is another supplier of Mychorrizae @Chungo that I ran across today. Seems like a good company from what I’ve read.

2 Likes

I love this series of books.

However, you really probably shouldn’t publish pics of whole sections of a copyrighted work, unless you have permission from the authors to do so.

@dbrn32

1 Like

Good point @blackthumbbetty
I guess I should delete those posts then?

2 Likes

Link to podcast with the Author of the trilogy of books one of them being this one Teaming with Fungi by Jeff Lowenfels

Enjoy and HAGD!

3 Likes

Good question, I’m not sure as it’s kind of hard to tell these days. I think it’s ok as long as one is not claiming as their work or information.

@garrigan62 any idea?

I have purchased mine from Dominion Seeds in Canada as I have dealt with them for years for my garden needs. One Lt. container $10 Canadian((about $7US). Going to try as a additive to Supper soil and maybe as a tea.

TYTYTY powerfull as I’ve seen she nails it. Thanks

1 Like

Any mushroom growers here trying to do the opposite and use cannabis (or other plants) to increase fungal growth? Magic Mushrooms are hot right now

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone is but I’ve been tossing that idea around now for over a year.

1 Like

Dm me if you want to learn about mushroom cultivating or want a link for good mushroom spores. I’ve helped a few weed grower friends get into mushrooms and its been profitable for them.

2 Likes

Hey btb-
I am glad your back- missed you. Be safe and healthy out there.

Hey-
I know you are talking about growing mushrooms, so this is a little off the mark. I decided to add 2 different types of compost to my living soil. One was mushroom compost. It appears that this is a great soil amendment. The goal I was shooting for was a soil pH around 6.0- 6.2. I know what the ppms are, as I did a slurry to check it. Plant is doing well. I did not hear any on suggestions for when to remove the dome. I will likely go with tomorrow or Sunday. This is the Mycorrhizae that I used in my soil and will use during any transplant. A local nursery carried it. Hope this may help someone who is growing.

3 Likes