Taste of my harvest is blahhhh

I believe drying and curing are just as important as the grow itself

I first dry them by strings hung in one of my rooms in my basement until the stem just about snaps. In the dark with a small fan blowing, not on the buds but just for some air circulation.

Next, they go into brown paper bags lined with plastic bags. Filled half way and then closed at the top. I check and move around everyday leaving the bag open for a few hours if needed. This goes on till they are ready for the Mason jars. Only time can tell…

Fill the Mason jars 3/4 full. Lock in filling cabinet in basement. Open and check every couple days roll em around till your sure their good. Then enjoy jar by jar…YAY! I’m hoping that’s my up coming plan

3 Likes

Bill wards got a great 3 parter on harvest dry and cure.

1 Like

I agree with aiming low in a high humidity environment… I’m deep in the south east, and there’s nothing worse than losing your grow to mold while drying.

This probably too dry. If you get right when this starts to happen in your smallest branches is probably fine, but if your entire crop is this dry is a little too long imo.

You have to be careful shooting for a predetermined dry time like 7-10 days too. If your conditions aren’t in line with supporting that kind of dry time, could be destructive. I could never dry my plants that long in winter, the air is just too dry here. But it’s completely the opposite in summer months.

I will toss my buds in jars with a hygrometer as soon as I see stems aren’t pliable. Once the rh in jars goes stable if above 65% rh I’ll dump the jars out for a bit to dry and try again. If below I will leave in jars with regular burping.

2 Likes

I did a 2 month cure. Smoke was so sweet. And smooth…not a single cough.

1 Like

Me too and, tell me about it…Jumidity has been bodacious lately.

1 Like

I know everyone already spoke their ways. Ive found success in letting dry for 3 to 5 days maybe a bit more if needed no fans directly on them. Let dry til the bud feels dry outside maybe a touch damp inside. Jar with meters and watch the rh in jars. If it gets over 65ish i open jars mix buds around a bit leave open several hours or dump on tray if rh is too high. Once u can mai tain rh of 58to 62% then u r good for cure just maje sure its on a cool dryer dark place to not build up humidity in jars. Sound to me like the buds dried out too fast and they didnt have no wetness for converting properly

1 Like