Tangerine Dream Grow

Hi fellow growers, happy 420 day :grin:.
I have just started a Tangerine Dream grow of 1 seed. Germinated seed using a 24 hour water soak and then planted into a Jiffy peat moss plug. Seed sprouted a few days later and seedling has been transplanted to a 6 oz dixie cup yesterday. I’ve heard that Tangerine can be difficult to grow and is not well suited for beginners. This will be my 4th grow.

Barney’s Farm Feminized Tangerine Dream
Soil: Happy Farms Happy Frog
Light: 150 watt LED UFO on 18/6 cycle
Grow Box: 16W x14D x 32H with intake/outtake fans (your basic 120mm computer cooling fans)

7 Likes

I think you got this, being your fourth grow.:v:t3:

I am hoping for good results as long as I don’t make any stupid mistakes such as overwatering or over feeding Fox Farms nutrients!

1 Like

Yes just water for now, no nutes.

No nutes for at least 2 - 3 weeks and then will only go 1/4 or 1/2 strength to see how my baby dream responds.

1 Like

You got it my friend!

I’m sitting on some auto Tangerine seeds and read the same thing. I did read where it suggested adding silica on Leafly.
I’ll be dropping one seed in a couple of weeks and will be following you if you don’t mind :blush:

1 Like

Feel free to follow along. In a week or 2 I’ll be transplanting to 3 gallon life pots and once my baby dream has developed 3 - 4 nodes I’ll top the plant and begin some LST. By then it should be ready for some lite doses of Fox Farm nutes. I’ll provide weekly updates/photos on my progress.

2 Likes

I’m going to try @garrigan62 soil mix and hopefully avoid having to buy bottled nutrients. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

You won’t regret it Granny. You’ll be using what I am in my " The Fruity Pack and Gold Leaf Begin " Journal The fruity pack and gold leaf begain - #378 by Mikos

1 Like

Read it and going to read it again :grin:

Does the Miracle Grow contain time-released fertilizer? I’ve heard that those time-released fertilizers can burn seedlings. I switched to Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil after having nute burn issues on my first grow. (Kellog’s Organic soil I was using had a very high Nitrogen content). I haven’t had any problems with the Happy Frog potting soil. I will continue to use it as I still have about half of the 2 cu. ft bag

Fox Farms Happy Frog ingredients: Aged forest products,sphagnum peat moss, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, humic acid, oyster shell, and dolomite lime for ph adjustments. It also has a health dose of Mycorrhizae and bacterial content.

1 Like

Yes, Miracle Grow does have time release nutrients in it and that is what is bad about it. It will most definitely burn seedlings. Though there are some that use it and say it works great.

1 Like

It’s been 4 days since transplanting to Dixie cup and my baby TD looking fine. Will transplant to their forever home later this week. I will be using 3 gallon cloth pots.

3 Likes

My baby TD was transplanted to 3 gallon cloth pots this weekend, It’s looking fine :smile: Next step will be performing a topping after several more nodes develop.

2 Likes

I topped my baby TD yesterday, also began LST to open her up. She’s growing fast. :blush:
Have included some before and after pics.

6 Likes

My Tangerine Dream is growing up fast. :grin: Thinking about switching over to 12/12 light schedule.

TD%205_14_18

3 Likes

I sure hope that when I try the auto Tangerine dream it looks as good as yours. :+1: I’ve been wondering how your grow was going so thanks for the update. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your welcome @SmoknGranny, just did some more LST training, will provide more pics in a day or 2

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like