Talking ventilation again

Hello again everybody. So over the last week I’ve been talking back and forth to several different people on several different topics. One of them being the prevention of mold and ventilation in my tent. I have a 2 and 1/2 by 3 foot by 6 ft tall flower tent. I finally come to the conclusion that I have enough air circulating in my tent. Somebody mentioned the other day how is the aroma in my house. AMAZING!!! It’s driving me crazy​:crazy_face: I’ve been trying to figure out this smell and I just can’t pinpoint it. My mouth is watering so bad. LOL almost like fruit loops in milk smell. Maybe not I don’t know​:crazy_face:. Anyways back to ventilation. LOL. Even though I’m not too concerned about my two Neighbors I think it’s probably best I figure out a way to conceal some of the smell. I was asking the other day about ventilation and somebody suggested the AC Infinity cloudline S4. It’s way too much I cannot afford it. Not just for the fan alone. Now that I’m looking to add a filter my question is can anybody recommend a borderline ghetto cheap AC fan and filter kit? It doesn’t have to be the top of the line as long as my house doesn’t take off when I start it up I guess that’s all that matters. I saw a couple different kits browsing the internet for about 120. Unfortunately I did not take screenshots :frowning: I think one was a vivosun? Any feedback on a cheap kit or pieces from several different companies that I can put together I greatly would appreciate your input. Thank you again for your time

I have the older version of this. It’s stronger on the lowest setting than my 4” ac infinity is on high. Just used the filter for the first time (have had it for a couple years) for my drying tent and it worked well but unsure on the longevity of it as I only used it for a week.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Controller-Ducting-Ventilation/dp/B07YZKWNG5/ref=asc_df_B07YZKWNG5/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366323933713&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076573343511380844&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027818&hvtargid=pla-1044967344192&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=79917573481&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366323933713&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076573343511380844&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027818&hvtargid=pla-1044967344192

1 Like

I’ve been using a $100 i-power 4" for nearly two years with no problems I replaced the original filter about six months ago went with a g-hydro. Now in larger tent I went 6" but I’m using the 4" for intake and it’s still running good

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Inch-190-CFM-Ventilation/dp/B087R3MVWX/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=ipower+fan&qid=1609633029&s=hi&sr=1-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFTMTY3T0czWEI3R1YmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwNjg0MzgzNE5YRlBDR0g4OTRPJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMjE2NTAxTDdLVFVUTE9MR1VTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

1 Like

AC Infinity Raxial 4” and Vanleno 4” carbon filter. If there’s a cheaper option, I haven’t found it.

2 Likes

@larry1. I am looking for a cheap fix myself. The smell isn’t strong but I do want to reduce it - we are a friendly state but don’t want to smell like “that house”. I found some carbon filters you just put on the back of a standard box fan. I haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

Thank you for your time and your feedback. I do appreciate it. Looks like I got a little bit of homework to do :slight_smile:

I think I saw that one on a YouTube video. 2 years is a pretty good track record. Thanks for your feedback I do appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate your feedback. I will definitely take a look at them

I’m in a friendly State as well. And agreed I do not want to be that house either :slight_smile: that’s interesting carbon filters for box fan. Thank you for your time and feedback I appreciate it

@KeystoneCops Those are cheap. That’s basically half price at what I was looking at. Do you use this fan or have you used it?

@larry1 those little $25 tube fans are great for air exchange as long as you don’t need a filter they’re not very strong and like 100cfm. They mostly used for intake air. One more thing to think of a 4" fan might be enough for what you are doing now but if there’s even a thought of expanding later I would get a 6" I’m only saying this out of experience. I only have a 4 and 6" fan because once I upgraded my lights the 4 couldn’t keep up anymore smh

1 Like

That’s good info to think about . I highly doubt I’d be upgrading though. Except for replacing 2 cheap Amazons lights for 1 hlg. Hoping that’s not going to raise my temps too much. For some strange reason I’ve been running High lately. Normal 78. Last few days 81. I run high humidity so I’m thinking all of the fans I have working in my tent has raised the temp inside. I will definitely look at the 6in and they’re not too much more maybe I’ll get them. Just in case. Thank you again for your time I appreciate it

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think you’ll need a 6” for that size tent. I have the older version of the one I posted earlier and it caves in my 2x4 veg tent on the lowest speed with all tent vents open. It says it’s rated for 190cfm but I think they underrated it. But then again, I don’t have experience with the new style.

Temps at 81* are no big deal. I run at 84-86* without a problem and the higher temp you run the higher humidity you can run.

2 Likes

What is your budget for fan and filter?

2 Likes

I do use this setup in a cold environment. I can recommend it. It is also ridiculously quiet compared to other fans/filter combinations.

3 Likes

@BobbyDigital I always thought higher temperatures were dangerous. I thought I read somewhere that it messes with the terpenes? But if I can go higher temperature my stress level will definitely go down :slight_smile: when my lights are on and the temp is up in my tent my humidity is down to 40 45. It’s that night time humidity when the lights are off. This morning was 65. And I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 6-inch fans and filter. I got to wait a week though to get it brownie face

@Bubblehead it was about a hundred bucks :slight_smile: I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Keystone Cops recommendations. Got to 6in fans to six foot ducting tubes and one 6in filter for 130

@KeystoneCops thank you very much for your recommendation. Glad to hear you do use it. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I got two of the 6in fans because they were $3 more ban the 4in 2 6 ft exhaust tubes and one 6in filter for about 130 . Going to have to wait a week to get it though :frowning:

1 Like

I just had a chance to look up his recommendations. Gosh I would have known about those when I bought mine would have saved me some coin. He hooked you up.

1 Like

Agreed. @KeystoneCops came through. If I have a chance I’ll definitely be passing along this information.

1 Like