Taking too long to germinate

Got the LSD Fem , Put 3 of them in water on 6/7 … 2:30 pm … waited about 8 hours and gave them a nudge as all were floating … 18 hours later ( total soak time ) ,I placed them in a plain while napkin and here it is 76 hours later and not 1 has even cracked … I made sure not to soak them and as the towel dries , I drip a bit more water on them … WTF ???

Sounds like you’re doing everything right you might put your damp napkin inside two Coffee saucers clamshell type. Just keep napkin damp but not standing in water. Good luck

1 Like

I usually do a damp paper towel inside a sand which bag. Get about 95% to sprout tails within 24 hours

2 Likes

I have read everything from baggies to saran wrap … Dont drown them , and , they need O2 … As well , may take up to 7-10 days … My last ones ( N. Lights ) sprouted in 3 days …

1 Like

I soaked mine for 24 hours put in soil, under light schedule of 18 - 6 they sprouted 3 days later. Ketama Kush Fem

Just as important as the moisture is the temperature, which I did not see you mention. Ideal temperature is around 77-80°F.

3 Likes

Temp is a constant 76 … All 3 just barely cracked open this am …

1 Like

Yeah, that’s just below the threshold. Next time try getting it up to about 80°F and see if things go better for you.

1 Like

(Not that it’s necessarily your issue, but it certainly helps to be inside that range.)

1 Like

18 hours water , 3 days , paper towel , LSD Fem … Wait or plant ??

1 Like

It should be okay to plant them now. Personally, I like to wait until the tail is about 1/2" long before I plant it, but you’ve got to keep a close eye on it. It can go from 1/8" to 1/2" in half a day. Wait too long and the dang thing can be an inch long! They can be a bit fragile and more of a pain to plant when they get that long.

1 Like

Plant, if the tail gets too long it will try to push its way out of the substrate

1 Like