Taking the plunge

1 Like

Super cropping is basically grabbing a stem at a reasoned point with one hand. Then you grab above the pinch hand. You gently twist and bend above the pinch to weaken the stem and place the branch laying down in whatever direction you manipulate. I watched this video before starting. I find the whole video informative but the supercropping begins at 24:00. What he doesn’t tell you in the video is you better secure them in place or they will stand back up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DXdfW2p-lHN0&ved=2ahUKEwj_2qCA-c3tAhXutlkKHXzJApIQjjgwAHoECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Aw6V3KETiAiFU6DSMlR0-

1 Like

I pretty much read up on the subject and decided the proper technique is called “mushing”.
that’s where you gently mush down the taller blooms so the lower and hidden blooms can get light too.
Sometimes you have to do it a couple times a day.

If that isn’t a technique, it should be :grin:

1 Like

Update
Day 56

My pride and joy is turning more yellow and white rather than the green in the veg stage.

Looking back, with the WW auto I would have rather had 2 TS 1000’s or a 2000 light and a 5 foot tall tent rather than the 4 footer.

!
image|375x500

I can’t tell if I’m doing well or doing bad. Still have some nice bud development and I’m anxious in the coming weeks if and how the buds will develop into one another.
If you look closely, there is still hope for some tasty buds.
Peace and blessings

2 Likes

good info
Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome. Plants look good but your definitely too close up on the light. Don’t be afraid of em. Snap some necks. They should still be pliable enough. But those stems are hardening every day.

Alternatively just use some string and bow them down.

1 Like

@Eagles009 Okay, I bent 6 stalks(?) that looked like they were growing too close to the light. It felt like I was bending them mid-bud. Maybe should have gone down lower but the leaves form a carpet I don’t want to disturb so much. Next grow I will definitely keep this in mind.

The color inside the tent is weird too. A lot of white from the pistles and, of course, the bleaching from being so close to the light.
But looking under the magnifying glass the pistles shimmer with, my guess is, trichomes but I’m not sure because they are so small. I must need an electron microscope to catch those beauties.

Thanks for the advise.

By the way, check this website out for the enthusiastic grower.
https://shopgoldleaf.com/

1 Like

I’ve been concerned with high humidity inside the tent so I added a 2nd, larger fan for more air circulation while the tent door is dropped but left unzipped. I wonder if I should let it blow when the tent is closed up at night.

Rare pictures of Eden.

Peace and Blessings

2 Likes

Humidity is not your friend right now. If you think you need more air you need more air. I’d let it blow at night as well. My humidity spikes every night and it’s definitely a concern.

2 Likes

Been awhile. It’s day 73 and I’ve learned a lot and messed up a lot.

Various closeups of buds I rarely have contact with on the sides, back and front.
Some look yummy, some don’t have trickles, some are burnt from the light, some tower over the light.
Critique, if you will, please.
I think I’ll be chopping in another week or three.

2 Likes

Man, If I could take all the crap I’ve been going through and put it in this journal with photos I would.
Since last posting I moved the light on top of the tent cage leaving about 12 inches between the buds and the light. Whew. Massive light poison in the center like a UFO landed.
Plant went into re veg or something. On 12/31/20, thinking I had a brilliant idea, switched from 12/12 to 14/10 so the plants would think the days were getting shorter. Duh.
Plan of course:
Started week 12 of the Fox Farms watering guide with Cha-Ching. Approx 20% of my outer circle buds look like they are going to be ready to chop as scheduled next Monday. I’ll flush with plain water like I usually do and wait to see what the rest of the gang are going to do. The inner circle plants (I really can’t tell how the buds are in 55% of my tent unless I can figure out mirrors) were looking all sparkley and tricomes were standing at attention like sailors on a submarine. Being bummed because I noticed the re veg and messed up and a severe health problem with my 14 year old companion, I really couldn’t see any beauty at looking at them. But what I could tell was they were sparkley also and that it may be awhile before these girls go through puberty.
I have until Saturday to see if I want some crispy tricomes or lilly white pistals in my chop.
thanks to @Oldguy @Bobbydigital and others for helping out on this.

1 Like

![image|375x500]. (upload://rZ1Yn7ZLnxWevDo5KHYOo0VBPo6.jpeg)
Inner circle. Prim and proper and getting as big as an ear of corn (maybe). And her scrappy outer circle cousins from across the tracks

Cousin Betty from across the tracks in the outer circle

1 Like

What do you think? This may have been a case where I got the instruction mixed up.
I have a few ideas for my 2nd grow (already underway) but is there such a thing as a lollipop scrog? (Place munchkin gif here)

Most of my scrog that I’ve done are basically lollipopped. Everything below the scrog net is gone. I don’t know if yours has revegged. Being autos it’s not something they typically do. Plus you decreased light hours not increased so reveg doesn’t make sense. I think it’s just the ruderalis genes showing through. Are the buds still building?

I’m not sure what they’re doing. I have a lot of buds ready for cut, a lot that are loaded with tricomes beginning to cloud but mostly white pistals and some that are so damaged I don’t know what they’re like.
I’ll be grading my chop and noting where in the tent they’re from
It will be interesting to taste the difference of each bud.

You can selectively harvest. If the buds look done, take them and leave the rest to finish.

Damn!!! U are a pitmaster!

1 Like

I counted at least 36 colas on my plant and I’m watching around a dozen that are convenient to see.
Originally, I was going to prepare to chop in three days but decided to feed at least one more time to see if the pistals will turn red.
A lot of time, effort, trial and error went into the grow so if I mess up it will be because I waited too long instead of getting too greedy.
I’ll be using week 13 of the FF nutrient guide along with cha-Ching trying to get the colas firmer while they mature.
I’m not sure the condition of the colas (7-9) trapped under the light so the time will help them do what they need to do.
Photos will come later.

1 Like