Taking the plunge

I need to confess. This is my second grow. My first was in the early 80’s (as specific as I can get LOL) My first was a scrawny little 3 inch thing that barely stood up on its own in a styrofoam cup.
On the tenth day of potting, after germination, I hereby declare that this is the longest grow I’ve ever had and is my first successful grow. (so far)

I crossed the border and got some foreign money so you wouldn’t think I was from Canada.
That is an American nickel.

10 days post launch

My organic pot boosters came in the mail so I set them up. It looks a lot sturdier than a mishmash of boards. Cost $30 for 5. email me and I’ll hook you up plus shipping and handling. Legal in all states
California residents: Keep away from fire. May cause cancer
Notice the LED system. Right now I’m only using one light.

I nudged her a little closer with my boosters ($30) and very close to the light
With my booster ($30) I was also able to bring my seed heater closer to the pot in the picture before.
I’m still using purified water 2-3 spritzes a day This picture is pretty much dead on, waiting for her to peak over the edge.
I’ll drop her from my shakey hands because I won’t know what to do. LOL

If you follow my posts you probably know about my 35 year old step daughter having a double mastectomy later this month. Momma’s going to tend to her for awhile and I’ll be standing by also. If there was one thing I was appreciated for, it was my Chicken Rice Casserole. Be damned, friend, foe, brother, sister, boss, employee…
Everybody loves it.
So I’m making up a batch to send with ma to feed the gang. (Amy, her sone Drake,10, Tenley,8
and Brodi, 5. And gramma.

I steamed 3 chicken breasts in a fry pan. Afterwards I chopped them up.

Added a can each of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken cream of celery and sprinkled with a pack of onion soup

Made a 16 oz package of some brown rice mix from Trader Joes. You can use instant rice.
I’m not sure what that round shit is. Don’t look like rice.

Walla-Walla! Mmmm mmmm mmmm. Lookey there

One for the kids, one for my sister
Here’s where I’ll lose people

Ready for the freezer. If you have an oven proof pan bake between 350 and 450 degrees for45-65 minutes.
Microwave containers: thaw before heating
Peace to all, brothers and sisters
Keep growing

5 Likes

I’ve been busy today. I added a heating pad resting above my lights. Since they’re LEDs shouldn’t start a fire or anything, right?
Temp went from 72 degrees to 74 and from 61% to 69% in an hour and a half. Then I dicked around so it may have gone up further. The heating pad was set on low.

You may also notice, I moved Baby from top shelf to bottom shelf to piss her off. If she wants that light (about 5 inches away), she has to reach for it. Turn the princess into a warrior. Work your way back up to the top shelf.

I’m also using bottled purified water, something I had laying around, and misting the soil a lot. It’s a joy to quench her thirst. They only have Living Water for people.

I also put approx 2 1/2 gallons of water in the tray a couple days ago. I was using it for moisture but read that it could make nasty bacteria, so out it goes. I’ll put a glass of water next to her to keep her company.

Baby princess is in Jail. she needs to rise up above her barriers Does anyone know what growing a seedling to the vegetative state looks like.? I don’t want her to go threw the change alone. I might turn her into a hermaphrodite or something. I know I have a long ways to go.

I’d take suggestions as to when to make the light change. It’s an autoflower. Makes no difference. Still, I’m running 24 hour light and heat 12 hours on and 12 hours off. Should I keep running 24 hours?

Slowly, but surely, we grow, just like plants. Learning a little more and being a little more. Have a happy one, friends.
Prayers

3 Likes

I calculated that princess will begin to bud between Thanksgiving-ish (For Americans) to Christmas. It’s going to be a special time.

Blockquote"…if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, “move from here to there,” and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20

I wonder what He has in store for this seed?

Blockquote

Blockquote

I was thinking maybe 10 pot boosters for my 1st order and no worries the check is in the mail mate. :pleading_face: You know we have a food thread…and that is AWESOME looking dish and kick ass recipe with pics that you did. I think I could move it there ouf you wanted. It is ridiculous to read when stoned with munchies… the plants look just about ready, what you thinking 1 week maybe before harvest? LoL they are green and growing that’s my goal. Nicely done. Glad they ain’t getting burned is that a type of fluorescent bulb …

1 Like

Doing all sorts of Botanical things, adjustment and such.
I did the “horizon test” where the princess peaks over the horizon.

sigh not today little Princess. You’re going to get there, someday…

Yeah, I’m a little excited.
Baby’s growing and things are going to happen soon.
Ihave her about 5 inches from the LEDs under the screen. Fan is set on her and she’s quivering like she’s going to let loose with some fiery ninja kicks. Metamorphosis…the changes of the season.
Temps hovering around 71 and Rh 50ish. I’m trying to figure out the time it gets warm and cools so I can adjust the lights accordingly when the time comes.
The soil I’m using has no nutrients at all and I’m wondering when to add nutrients. This girl is done being breastfed. She’s ready to be the red power ranger or xenia or mulan…ready to give her all!

2 Likes

It has been 14 days since I swaddled a tiny seed in damp paper towels and set it in an open baggie. Big things are changing.

I moved Princess to a roomier home.
I removed 4 quarts of soil, watered the remaining 16 with about a gallon of water. Replaced the remaining 4 quarts and built a little chamber for her.
I added an additional gallon of water to the soil, careful not to get too close to her. Pretty good root structure but I may have been a few days early. I haven’t fed any nutrients yet, just what was in the soil and I was panicking that she may have used them all up in the 3 inch pot.

All by herself, but you should see how her leaves pick up the breeze of the fan.

I have her about 7 inches from the LEDs. The grow bag is raised 17 inches from the floor using wooden risers so I can lower her one inch at a time as she grows.
I gave up on the heating pad because it had its own timer to go off off after two hours. I have the bag on the seed warmer now running 24/7 again.
Light remains on 24/7.
I’m praying the new home will provide more nutrients as she continues her journey in finding herself. She’s destined for greatness, healing, relief.
Temperature in the tent is 72 degrees with 73% Rh about an hour after transplant. I’m thinking that an iguana heat rock may replace the seed warmer in the future.
May God Bless you with His Mercies and Grace
May He Bless your grow and provide a bountiful harvest.

4 Likes

[[Cannabis Seedling , Our How-to Care Guide with Stages!
https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/grow-schedule-soil/

Interesting observation today is that inside the tent it’s 72 degrees with 88% Rh. Outside the tent it’s 66 with 39% Rh. It certainly isn’t time to plant outside and I’d rather be inside that tent.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Sunday is a day to relax.
Smoke some tasty bud,

Watch squirrels fatten themselves up

Smoke some fattened squirrel
or in this case, a pork shoulder.

In this instance, I’m using all purpose rub. That way the meat can be used for several things.

This stuff is good and the proceeds goes to Operation BBQ relief. Groups of BBQers all over the country go to natural disasters and prepare a BBQ for the volunteers. Nice cause and BBQ is making a comeback.

Throw it on the pellet smoker for 14 hours

Smoke another bud while this cools down

Chimichangas tonight Better have the munchies.
Peace and Blessings

8 Likes

I’m not too happy about the climate in the grow tent. Runs constantly in the low 70’s degree range with 80-88% Rh.

Seems to me that I should have a wee more progress than this. I’m not thrilled with the curl of the leaf although it may be normal.

here she is with Tom Jefferson keeping her company.

strange growth coming from the center. I was hoping for a more robust entrance if this is the 2nd tier of leaves.

I’ve switched my lighting to 18/6 and I’ll be getting a heating pad to keep chicks warm after hatching to put in the tent to raise the temperature a bit.
I’m pretty sure my LEDs aren’t helping the cause any, but they remain about 7 inches above the plant for maximum light and warmth.
I’m watering every other day, around 20 ounces of purified water around the plant with a misting on the non-watering days.
I’m not sure what else to do at this point. I’m not sure how far I should be for week 3 or day 16.
Thoughts?

Pray about it and
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/k-h-pet-products-thermo-chicken-heated-pad/0000000205834?Ntt=poultry
KA-BLAM-MA-LONGA-DING-DONG
there it is.
Prayer’s good
thank You Lord

if only I had one nearby. At least they ship.

Sounds like you are watering too often. Marijuana like a wet/dry cycle in soil. Let the soil dry out before you water again. This will certainly stunt the growth

1 Like

I’ve placed a 40 watt chick heater on top of my lights regulated with the 18/6 light cycle. Humidity went down within a half hour of plugging it in. I’m hoping that it will raise the temp a few degrees also. It certainly doesn’t feel as tropical as it did in there.
I started nutrients this morning. 1 tsp/gallon of Fox Farms Grow Big to purified water. I watered this morning (20 oz around the plant and I’ll wait until the day after tomorrow to water again). I may give her a spritz of plain water tomorrow, if needed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Interesting developments on day 18 of the grow

1 Like

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/growingmarijuana/original/4X/d/b/a/dbae6401c5e4d20bab4cf7e36524c838d2a04b30.jpeg

&3 degrees 42% Rh. She’s not ready to flower yet, is she? using photoshopped seeds…autoflower

@dbrn32 I saw you on another post. I was thinking of the mars grow 1000.stmw…something like that and you recommend an HLG135 R-spectrum. What would you recommend for this setup?

1 Like

3x3 tent right? Imo both of those are too small to flower out tent that size well. You would want something like qb 260 kit, two 135 kits, or equivalent.

Week #3. 21 days since I placed the seed in wet paper towels.
I have no idea what’s happening. Looks like wads of green string or yarn as far as I can tell.

Anyone have any comments? Thoughts?

I’m watering 20 oz of a weak solution (1 tsp FF Big Grow to a gallon of water. I water every other day, this being my bye day.
I was thinking of upping the watering to 24 oz (3 cups) solution every other day. Too much? I’m not getting any runoff.