Taking the plunge

Without light you cannot grow good/potent cannabis; Even if you’re dipping your feet in the water, I urge you to get an adequate light.

Also, that kit doesn’t seem to have ventilation. You’ll need an exhaust fan with a carbon filter. Without fresh air, your plants will rapidly deplete CO2 and stop growing. Air exhaust can also help regulate temperature and humidity (or add to the challenges of maintaining proper temp and RH).

I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m stomping on your sandcastle. I just want to help you succeed, or at least have realistic expectations.

3 Likes

This will be my final setup for awhile. I’m glad I had the forethought to put the bag over the container.
Inside the lab the temp is 75 degrees with 40% humidity.
Outside the tent it is 70 degrees with 45% humidity
I still have my seedling pad plugged in and running below the 2x4.
I mean the State of the Art Calefaction Mat beneath the Bio-Organic Risers.
The reason I’m glad I put the SoaT S4 Multi-Purpose Reusable Eco-Friendly Petroleum Distalate Based Duffel is it’s catching a lot of moisture and keeping it around the seed.
My Ph meter is worthless from my observation and I need a different one.
I plan to spritz the girl twice a day but I’m wondering how much is a spritz? 2nd knuckle?
Have a peaceful night
enjoy the entourage effect

2 Likes

I think once you get the lights u need, I can tell the passion u have, so I think you will be just fine, we all start somewhere, but not all have what it takes to continue, so happy growing @pedally

1 Like

Checking out different lights and if I hung them in the tent it would probably collapse LOL
The Mars Hydro TS 2000 looks very nice, as does the tent and duct fan on Amazon.
I’m not sure how much this is going to stink up the underground lab or the “habitat structure” above it.
I’m afraid to bring it up to the Board of Director. LOL

6 Likes

LMAO… bro you are hilarious dude!! OMG BOD … LoL

2 Likes

I have the Mars Hydro TSW2000 I’m using in my 3x3x6 tent. Been working good so far. My first grow too so not much to compare it to but my plant is doing good. I believe Bill Ward on YouTube uses Mars Hydro lights and has good results. Your underground lab will get stinky eventually so might want a carbon filter and fan for sure. I just pump mine outside right now until my neighbors say something but I’m a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

1 Like

we seem to be kindred spirits. LOL

1 Like

Watched pot never boils (or something) Benjamin Franklin Farmers Almanac

Took the bag off the top so it doesn’t get root rot. LOL Not sure if that was smart. I’m not known to do things the easy way. LOL

Scientific jargon: Spritz: 12 squirts/sprays (more or less) at least 2 times a day from an Acme liquid propulsion system (email for details. 2 for 1 $19.95 (Not legal in California).

The bored director of this endeavor suggested I wait on the new light equipment until Federal money becomes available. I’ll be smoking fluff for a long time. LOL

Growing wisdom: Poking your new ph meter into potting soil several times a day is not necessary.

Tomorrow is a new day. Rejoice and be glad

5 Likes

while bitching about the price of in peanut in the shell at the local feed and grain (up $7.00 from a few weeks ago for 25 pounds)(shipping them to China and hurricanes in the carolinas) I noticed some Fox Farm products and locally produced worm castings and all sorts of organic what-you-need including Acme Super Secret State of the Art ph monitor/fertility/soil temperature gauge (patent pending). See if I can get the price of peanuts down since the last time I bought peanuts it was 50 pounds at a considerable discount. (my other hobby). I may be negotiating bird seed prices or I’ll be developing some new sunflower seed LOL
Maybe they want to special order seed lights at a good price too. Sniff a round a little bit. Wounder what type of “bird seed” they have access to?

2 Likes

Lookey lookey!
cleaning my bong…

4 Likes

A new born!!! Congrats​:clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Here’s some good “bird seed”. LoL how amazon gets away with it… one of the cats on here is growing some… whodda thunk
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0849XDL3N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7tfIFbX2NVM92

2 Likes

Hell, hemp is legal across the country, why try to market them as bird seed? Looks like they got some crappy seeds as well based on the reviews. But I don’t think I’d buy hemp seeds from Amazon…just sayin.

Or you can drag and drop photo’s into the message body.

:rofl:
I was thinking a long those lines as well LOL. Back before prohibition, all sorts of animals ate the plant

1 Like

What can I say, it’s a gift … LoL I get you Pedi Lee, I can read your weed waves.

my tent doesn’t have any vent holes. I’m pretty much near where I want to be, near a dryer vent but, shit, what to do?
Things are really tight for an old guy so LED’s will work for now. I’d love to do something right the first time but the light’s against me, along with the venting system and such.
I’m making notes on what I’m doing and this grow is trial and error. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst. Maybe the Lord will bless me with a bountiful crop. LOL

2 Likes

They say if a man is patient and still, you can actually see the plant grow.

5 Likes

Definitely want some sort of a ventilation system to get fresh airflow going thru and to help with heat buildup. My Mars Hydro doesn’t run too hot but definitely brings the heat up. Mine is just starting flower and is pretty stinky already. Could leave the door open I guess if heat becomes an issue.

Yup…I see it!

1 Like