Taking off fan leaves

My outside plant is flowering. When do you take off the big fan leaves to beef up the buds.

1 Like

I never cut the fan leaves they help make the buds bigger . I sometimes cut some bottom leaves that are not receiving sun light and buds that aren’t going to amount to much . The plant will send what it needs to the upper buds . Just don’t cut too many at once .

2 Likes

Really up to you, some don’t even take them off. I start when they are in veg. So i pick mine 2 to 3 times a grow one in veg, then weeks 2 and 5 in flower. But all up too the grower :wink: happy growing hope this helps

2 Likes

I don’t remove any leaf that’s not yellow, or in contact with the growing medium

3 Likes

My first grow but I removed a few during veg and the grew back into bud sites. Just a few because they are needed to help feed the plant and obsorb light

Thanks for the info. Haven’t been in contact with my grow friends on here dew to illness. Chromie…RDG1951

Where are you in weeks of flower? I’m starting to take some off now, few here and there.
I’m sure I’ll be harvesting within a few weeks.
If there are any with signs of yellowing and or bug issue then they will be taken, also small Popcorn buds below “Stacking” areas will be removed also.

3 Likes

I’m in the 3rd week of flowering. I will wait another week or so and see where it is. I’m going to remove some of the under growth.

1 Like

Definetly start taking off smaller branches and leave from the bottom also the little “popcorn buds” that are on the bottom and not “stacking” to make larger buds.
If you clip off the Popcorns and they are as large as a Nickle save them and dry them.

1 Like

Don’t take them off that’s sugar buddy like there saying start on small stuff that won’t matter but those fan leaf will Benefit your plant by leaving them on

Thanks for the help my friend. I had four and three got stolen when I went on vacation. The one I have is a beauty.

I’m so sorry when people do that crap

That’s great , keep with your plant, try to visualize what its doing now , this is outdoor growing.

Look at the leaves and work with them accordingly, take some Bigger leaves off now, dont worry.

Also dont be afraid to take off some smaller “Popcorns” keep them as well, let them dry !! I’ll tell ya what to do with them in a week or so !!!.

Yes is true , but by taking of “Some” of the Larger leaves helps “push” the plant on an outdoor,
I’m doing this now , it depends a lot on how your plant looks, especially if it’s’ a single and Pyramid shape like a Pine tree

1 Like

Ok my friend…thanks