Taking cutting from a flowering plant

so if you take cutting from a plant that has been in flower for 3 weeks which has buds on it are there anything different you have to do to help it survive ?

1 Like

It might take a little longer to root, but everything is the same. I plan on doing some monster cropping next week (3rd week of flower)…

3 Likes

Its no different than taking a cone in veg, it will root just as fast. However it will take a few weeks to revert back to veg once it rooted. Will start growing weird single blade leaves for a few weeks.

3 Likes

cheers @oldmarine and @Indicanna_Jones . i just love how you can ask and get proper answers and for free i just love the site and all you lot too. ive just rearanged my lights and its took me 4 hours. for a better light spread.

7 Likes

Very nice set up you have there.

2 Likes

thankyou @Indicanna_Jones

1 Like

My aoto flower superskunk clipings turn into long buds in hydro.

2 Likes

Not sure what your saying or how it relates

1 Like

Glad to know. I cut some clones and they started budding when their mommies did. They are living inside now with light 18/6. Waiting for reveg.

2 Likes

well least we both know good things will come lol @JaneQP …dont you just love it x

2 Likes

Most definitely! This grow is just a quick reveg and flip of way too many clones.

2 Likes

the good thing there is you can be selective and bring on only the best and get shut of the rest so to speak. bed time nighty night

2 Likes

Forgot to mention an important bit of information. Once they have clearly taken root and new growth is coming in cut off any forming buds. You dont want dead foliage hanging out.

2 Likes

Exactly my next question! Do I cut the baby buds? Will do it tomorrow!

I wouldnt cut them right away its just added stress and there is no rush. Just wait until you see new growth forming.

1 Like

Thank you. They are very stressed coming inside. I’ll just let them relax for a while.

I just did some major thinning of six plants. I need to keep them to a specified space so I have to prune them down to about four colas per plant. I removed more than sixty nice growth points. Certainly half would have made fantastic clones. The other half were either too large or too small.

thanks for that i did wonder what would become of the bud

1 Like

@beardless what do you think you will get from 4 colas one plant dry weight …ball park weight

That is really tough to say. So many variables. This is my recent harvest. Four plants eight colas each

Buds alone weighed in at 16.3oz

I had major problems with this eight cola purple kush 7 weeks into flower.

she weighed 3.3 oz
So wild a** guess 1 oz, 2 would be fantastic

2 Likes