Taking clones from a monster crop

If I take clones from a monster cropped plant, while its still in veg, would the clones have the same thick, bushy growth as the mother? Genetically its the same plant. Any experience out there?
This is the girl I’d like to clone from. (She looks a bit ruff, but they all do in bondage training lmao)

2 Likes

Good question! I have a few monster cropped clones but I’ve never taken a clone from any of them. I would think it would just be a regular clone if taken during veg from any plant though. I believe it has to be from a flowering plant to have that crazy “monstercropped” growth. But not 100% on that. What do you think @Mrcrabs @MattyBear

3 Likes

@Drillbit is on the right track. :v:

3 Likes

Right on. That makes sense. Thank you. I wonder what actually makes them grow in that manner, during that small window of time? I guess it just freaks out and tries to produce seed because it thinks its gonna die. Therefore trying to produce as many bud sites as possible.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching my plants during flowering and I have a theory on that actually! If you’ll notice when its going into flowering, the nodes get tighter and tigher until it starts shooting out pistils. My theory is that since all those nodes are stacked tightly together, when you re-veg, nodes are starting between those tightly packed nodes at the bud site creating shoots coming out of such a small space. That’s my theory anyway. It makes sense to me, but might wanna wait around for someone who knows more than me about it to answer. Id like to know their opinion myself!

2 Likes

Yeah, when the pistils grow all out funky because you’re making the plant revert from what would happen naturally, so I figure we get a few shrek looking leaves in return haha :joy:

2 Likes