Take lower branches off

Glade_ could help . Sounds like you have it under control - have you ever heard of taking clone’s when in veg once sex is determined ? This will cut total grow time

1 Like

Air layering also works quite well tried my hand at it was pleasantly surprised with results since clone continues to grow and is fed by mother plant as roots establish though I suspect your goal is monster cropped clones not simply clones :wink:
Air layering is the act of rooting a limb while still part of its mother plant and is how I am currently converting my plants to hydro less risk than transplanting from soil

2 Likes

Now that sounds interesting, Thanks. Looks like I will be up
late reading and researching :slight_smile:

this is also a tool for getting around plant limits since a single plant can have multiple clones ready to go attached to it

1 Like

I found out from my last experience that a clone taken when partially budded vegged out with a ton of branches and made this the easiest to train and was the most advanced of the crop of six plants.

1 Like

Sweet cloner ! And the McGyver spirit lives on.

JJ told me that cloner didn’t work at all, after a week or ten days he took them out & put them in rapid rooters or something like them in in 5 days he had roots

Here’s his post about it and what he did

Oh yes, OK, thanks for not letting me have false info bro.

I’m kind of bummed too, I just made a bubble cloner in that same thread :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

One time I tried to root a couple lady trimmins and I just floated chunks of styrofoam from an egg carton. Cut a slit put my cutting in it so it just bobbed around attop the bubbles from the airline with no hormones and they rooted well. Stuck one in the filter of my fish tank too (the type that hangs from the side) and that one rooted quick.

Does water from a fish tank work? I figured it should be like a weak fish emulsion, but I’m realizing how much I figured before was wrong.

I didn’t know anything then just did it to try it did root quick , I put it into bud as soon as it had decent roots. It grew to a perfect Christmas tree but never got me high. Hm. Oh, I’ve never used it to feed. Can’t remember what I fed that.

Bubble cloner here all the way, made mine out of a Home Depot bucket and a bubble stone with a fish tank air pump.
Guess I must have a really green thumb, because I’ve never had any trouble rooting clones.
Or I’m just really lucky.