Taco Leaves Due to Not Enough Nutrients?

Hey there I read somewhere online that if leaves are making a taco shape it can be a cause of the plant not getting enough nutrients that it needs. Would it be okay for me to cut them off or do I need to give them more nutrients there is only one plant that is having this problem. The rest seem to be doing great. The bottom sides of the plant also look like this and im not sure if it is a bug that is causing it I think they are referred to as leaf miners?
here are some photos of my plants:

Thank you guys for any advice and help.
My setup is a 3x3 tent with a 171 CFM hurricane inline fan and temperature ranges between 68-80 degrees.
This plant in particular is Pineapple Express
I am using buddha grow nutrients and I also test its pH levels by using indicator and using pH up or down to adjust. I do not have a digital pH reader yet so I just try to get it as close as I can to the indicated color that represents a 6-7 pH
I also currently am running two Sun blaze 21 fluorescent lights.

2 Likes

Definitely don’t cut any leaves off at this stage. The plants look fairly healthy. I don’t feed any nutrients before I see 4 nodes. That’s usually 3-4 weeks. If you’ve got $15, you can buy a pH tester and a TDS meter at Amazon. It’s a must when you get further on in your grow. I’ve stunted some plants when I first started by having the wrong pH and overfeeding. I was using the drops and chart to do my pH and someone on this forum told me to buy the meter. I found out I was off by .5 on my readings so my pH was too low for soil

This is an Amnesia Haze that I ruined. She was only 6" tall.

2 Likes

I would stop feeding and dont feed again until you have 4-5 sets of true leaves as @OldSkunk mentioned
buy a digital ph meter asap also it well worth the few $ youll spend on it
The strips are not accurate enough imo and time over time ive seen people have ph issues while trying to ph this way @AlmightyHAM
What type of soil are you using?

3 Likes

I am using Nectar For the Gods Full soil. I didn’t really know which soil to pick at the time and the guy at the hydroponics store recommended it for me.

2 Likes

Omg! What’s your secrets on the small buds! LOL

also I was wondering if it is normal to see hairs on my clones so early on. This one is specifically FlowerBomb Kush and has been in a pot for about a week now and I can already see orange hairs on it. Im not sure what this means or if it is a good or bad thing?

Clones are full grown plants. They are the same age as the plant u cut from. That looks to b in preflower already. Good luck

Where they in flower when you took the clone?
It can be a old pistol thats dieing off
If your under a 18-6 light schedule the clone will revert back to veg
Ive never ised nectars soil but looked into it once and its good stuff you using thier nutrients as well @AlmightyHAM
Theres a good tread on them here ?

im not sure about them being in pre flower when being cut but I do have them in an 18/6 hours cycle.
and which thread are you referring to?

1 Like

This was started by one of the members who uses the line exclusively to help others who decide to try them you can contact nectar and request a sample pack of nutrients as well fyi
For a small shipping fee
I paid 37$ shipping charge worth the $

Im
Guessingbyou disnt notice it when you took the clone bro no worries :wink: shell be fine im sure
Remember they are the same age as mother plant and need to be treated as such once rooted
So make sure your feedinf proper nutrients
Start with your veg schedule i would use last beg week schedule myself

thank you so much for all the advice and link I will definitely be reading much more about it.
and do you mean to use the last veg schedule as in putting them into their flowering cycle now?
sorry for all the questions these are my first actual plants and want to make sure they are well taken care of

No are far as feeding them when ready @AlmightyHAM
Since they are clones and already adults you can just use week 3 or four on feeding schedule ( veg weeks ) to start is what i meant

1 Like

okay I am just worried about the leaves folding on one plant. is there something I can do or should I just leave it be

1 Like

The ild growth will sometimes die off in clones
You only potted they a wek ago so I assume they had roots developing
Now they will try to fill pit then send energy to leaves
You can try foliar feeding them

Generally taco leaves generally mean it’s to hot in their box or rent ot whatever you are growing in

3 Likes

Is it taco leaf or droop? Your soil looks awfully wet and the plants can respond to drowning roots in a similar manner.

3 Likes

It’s a taco at the very tip of the leaf and the top soil looks wet because I had just used a spray bottle to add moisture to the plants. I figured this is safer than watering and potentially drowning

2 Likes

He has just recently transplanted as well folks
There may be a bigger issue as well but i would wait a few more days to be sure it just not stress frim the move if it was me

1 Like

The hairs you see dying were already there when you cut because she was mature enough to show sex. Them dying isn’t going to be a problem.

Mine will taco during low humidity days…