Syrup substance dripping from sugar leaf

Thanks for the clarification @blackthumbbetty. :+1:
Appreciated. :wink::v:

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty I knew someone could tell me the scientific reason. Thank you 1st grow 2nd plant. 1st one didn’t do this. They are supposedly the same strain but all 3 seeds are different.

1 Like

The same strain grown from seed will often exhibit varying phenotypes. This is normal.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty so when a seed company advertises a hybrid as Sativa dominate it can take more of the indica gene and grow completely different than one that took more of the sativa gene even though both came from the same plant?

1 Like

These are supposed to be the same strain. Lol
The plant on the right has beautiful tight little buds. Not enough light quantity. Next will be better 2 HLG 260 WATT QB instead of one.

Yes. Exactly.

1 Like

Or, being autos, you might have also just stunted the one.

I’ve learned so much on this board. Freaking awesome people on here willing to share their knowledge. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

True I could have. 1st grow but I’m happy. Love it

1 Like

I have stunted half of my current grow. It’s not my first grow. :joy:

You win some, you lose some, but even when you lose, you will still get high. :grinning:

You’re very welcome!

2 Likes

@Audiofreak if that’s your plant taste the drip. It taste like syrup but not maplely tasting. Mine happened in the flushing stage at the end. I cut her and hung the whole plant. Cant wait to smoke her.

That was about 8weeks ago.

According to what I’ve read on other forums, that’s a good thing.

@AuBadge1951 welcome to the club glad to have you. I’ve had a couple growers chim in and said they had the same ‘syrup’ and it was the best they’ve had to date. I’ll know in a month when she’ll be ready to smoke after a month of burping and curing

1 Like

Here is a Mango Kush I just hung to dry. Sap droplets appearing all over and yes they are sticky and taste like sugar. (I do mix in a little unsulfurred molasses in my feedings)

2 Likes

2 Likes

You making them cry! Looks :yum:

1 Like